Reunions, then Attacks

Brenda drove the car to the entrance of the canyon. To her anger, the fuel ran out and the car pulled to a humiliating stop.

"Guess we're walking," she remarked glumly.

Huffing and puffing, the five teens opened the doors and stepped onto the rocky road and walked.

Sonya seemed to get very nervous every second.

"Hey Sonya, you okay?" Aris asked.

"Do you think he'll love me?" Sonya wondered, talking about Newt.

Edward turned to her. "He will love you, Sonya. Having a brother or a sister is the best thing in the world. Because you always know that there'll be someone to pick you up whenever you feel down. When you see him, you'll feel so overjoyed. And I know he will be too,"

Sonya smiled tearfully.

As they walked, Brenda was become so dizzy; she collapsed from exhaustion.

"Brenda!" Edward came over to her and touched her forehead. "Man, you're boiling. Hang on," he scooped his arms under her knees and waist and he lifted her. "Come on guys. We'd better get her to the Right Arm soon. She's so exhausted,"

Aris gave him a hand so he wouldn't fall behind. They carried Brenda with the two girls following them. They arrived at the road with ruined cars and to their surprise, they saw three armed men. They felt tense.

"Don't be afraid," one said. "Your friends arrived and they told us to wait for you. He is waiting for you, Edward,"

Relief flowed through Edward. They were not too late.

Newt, Minho and Frypan sat with the boys and also the girls telling them everything they had learnt from Mary. They were flabbergasted.

Chuck observed Newt observing Thomas who hadn't moved from his spot on the cliff. "Poor Tom. How do you think we should Edward?"

"It would be best if Thomas told him everything," said Minho solemnly.

"I just hope he'll be here soon," Chuck prayed.

"Guys look!" Frypan cried out, pointing outwards.

The boys looked down and to their joy, they saw their friends walking toward them with the men that had waited for them. Still, exhausted Brenda was leaning against Edward as he helped her walk. Jorge came out of the tent and a flash of relief painted his face. Instantly he sprinted down to his surrogate daughter.

"Brenda!"

"Jorge," she breathed out happily. Releasing herself from Edward, she fell into his arms and hugged her tightly. "Didn't think I'd die out that would you?"

"Never," Jorge breathed in her scent, holding her tightly. He then slowly let go and to Edward's surprise hugged him. "Thank you, Hermano,"

"You must be Jorge," he said patting his back. "It was nothing really,"

"It wasn't nothing. Thank you for bringing her back to me,"

"Thank you for getting my friends and my brother here," he thanked him back.

"No problem hermano," he let go.

The boys sprinted down to Edward, screaming out for joy. They flooded him with hugs and pats and strokes on the head.

"I'm so happy you're here," Chuck cried out, hugging him around the waist. "I'm sorry I wasn't with the others!"

Edward bent down to hug him tightly. "It's okay Chuckie buddy. I'm so happy to see you," he chuckled ruffling his hair as well.