The Ultimate Decision

Thomas and Edward were standing in front of screens in a large room in white suits like all othe other doctors in that room. Screens were everywhere. They were monitoring brain activity, heart rates and recordings. Thomas was staring at a screen with lists of names and face pictures, he focused on one with blond hair. He then started pressing the screen to activate mechanisms for a round-shaped model of a maze. 

Edward was peering across at a girl across from them. Teresa: his close friend and partner. 

A woman with yellow hair in a bun walked up to them. "Excellent job guys. Come with me,"

They came forward with her. 

"Ava...are we really doing the right thing?" Thomas asked anxiously. 

"Yes, Thomas. WICKED is good," she said. 

"But...all those deaths. My Grievers. They're killing too many of them. This has gone too far," Edward said hoarsely. 

Another flashback appeared in Thomas's head. He heard a voice in his head. 

"Thomas!" It was Newt's voice. 

Thomas was standing in a room with Newt. They were wearing two pendants. Both of them were a different shade of blue. They had the letters N + T engraved on them. 

"Thomas, what is going on?" Newt asked.

"Newt you must eave,"

"No. Not until you explain to me what's going on,"

"I really tried to tell them but they wouldn't listen," 

Time zoomed and the next thing Thomas remembered was Newt being dragged whilst he was held back by a strange stiff man. He wanted to fight back but he was afraid of what they would do to his significant other. 

Edward was in a room with pictures of Grievers. He was scanning over them, looking at diagrams of them. 

"I bet they could be a lot better. Loser," a mocking voice jeered behind him. "Look at you. So soft and subtle," 

                                                        ............................................................

Thomas and Edward saw boys being rolled into rooms on rollable trollies. There were many faces. There was Alby. And Minho. And Ben. And Gally. They were placed inside large containers of water. They were lashing out through the glass right at the brothers as they glanced through. That was why Ben and Alby recognised them from before, why he lashed out at them. They had worked for WICKED. They had done this to the boys. 

Another flash came. The brothers were standing in a corridor. 

"I can't keep watching them die,"  Edward said. "They didn't even let me say goodbye to Chuck. And Aris," 

"She's used us for years, Ed," Thomas said. "She's been playing us for fools. She's made us do terrible things," He held up his pendent. "I can't believe I..."

Edward threw his arms around him and they hugged. 

                                                         ............................................................

Edward's eyes flashed up. He saw Teresa's head hovering over his eyes. 

"Hey, are you okay?" she asked.

Edward took a moment to catch his breath. 

"What the hell were you two thinking?" Chuck asked angrily. "Do you have any idea how much you scared me?"