The Final Showdown

Thomas's eyes flickered awake. He saw light. He saw Edward, dozed off. Teresa was beside him, ejecting blood from his arm. He tried to move but he realised his arms were strapped and so were his legs.

Loud booms and crashes drummed outside the windows. He tilted his head and he could see the city descending into chaos in fires. Ava stared outwards. She turned her head around slowly and saw his venomous face. She approached him slowly, touching her fingertips against their father's fox. He growled seeing her touch the only remnant of their father. "If you're going to use your brutal methods on us, leave my brother alone,"

Ava to his surprise expressed a motherly face. "I'm not going to hurt either of you,"

"But you're gonna keep us here. You're gonna use us like your tools. Like we've always been. Like our dad was,"

The chancellor's expression broke hearing him spit his words of repulse to her. In a way, since she had taken them in she had developed a deep connection with them. To her, it seemed real but to the boys, it was just a ruse to make them follow her, to make them believe that WICKED was good.

Edward's eyes rolled open and he saw Teresa's face above him. She felt her hands touching his arm. "Don't touch me," he hissed, trying to move. She stood back taking the vial of his blood with him.

Janson entered the hospital room, eying the brothers dangerously. "You both are not going anywhere. We'll make sure to do that. Dr Paige, the choppers are ready,"

"Good," Ava glanced with a face that made the brothers think they could trust her; they wouldn't fall for it. "I will make sure they don't hurt you. I know I made a grave mistake forcing your father..."

"By threatening us!" Edward spat. "Tell us what happened to him!"

"I didn't order him killed," was her answer. "Somehow he had just passed in his sleep,"

Thomas snarled. "You're lying,"

"I'm sorry that your father died. But I didn't order him to be killed. And I'm sorry about what happened to your mother too," The boys' eyes burned with tears hearing her talk about their parents. They had often wondered what had happened to her. The Flare might have killed her but if their father had programmed that plague to match their DNA codes, would it have killed her too? No. She must have died for another reason. "Load them up," she ordered her henchman. "But do not hurt them," she walked off, the brothers staring out at them.

"Oh, wipe those eyes away," Janson mocked. "It's not like anyone else you love is going to get hurt," He stormed out of the lab, leaving Teresa alone with them. Edward eyed Teresa dangerously as she remorsefully walked out taking his blood and Thomas's with her, passing by the cackling Jerry.

Edward growled and tried to leap at him but his straps held him down.

"You can't do anything. You're chained up. Like a Crank," he cackled. "You're both not going anywhere. Soon we'll be leaving the City and you're never going to see anyone you love again,"

.....................................................................................................................................

"No! Newt! You can't come!" Minho tried to stop him from walking off with a gun but the cured crank wouldn't back down.

"We're not leaving him! Or Edward!" He didn't care if he was quite exhausted from being transformed back to his normal self from a savage being. What mattered to Newt was that his lover and his brother were safe. He would not let anything happen to either of them.

"But we can't just march up on the building!"

"Guys! Thomas and Edward gave their lives for us!" Chuck spoke up. "We have to try and get to them before they're taken from us forever!"