The Girl Teresa

The brothers followed Minho through the woods until they came to a huge hut which they entered. In the centre was a table covered with a giant white cloth. On the walls were wooden maps of the maze along with numbers in the centre. For some reason, the brothers noticed that the wooden maps showed the maze but with different line markings. 

Minho pulled the cloth of the table revealing a giant model made out of sticks and with a huge square of green in the centre: the Glade. 

The brother's bent down. 

"It's the Maze," Minho said. "All of it,"

"What do you mean all of it?" Thomas asked.

"Are you still still mapping it?" questioned Edward. 

"There's nothing left to map," Minho said, a little sadly. "I've run every inch of it myself, every cycle, every pattern. If there was a way out, we would have found out by now,"

"Why haven't you told anyone this?" Thomas asked.

"It was Alby's call. People needed to believe that we had a chance of getting out,"

"There is a chance," Edward remained optimistic despite the revelation. "Those gates would keep opening to let you all look if there wasn't a way out,"

"I'm starting to think there is a real chance," Minho said giving the device they found inside the Griever to Thomas. "About a year we started exploring these outer sections and we found these numbers, printed on the walls,"

On the outskirts of the maze model were 8 pebbles each marked with a number from 1 to 8.  

"Sections 1 through 8. See, the way it works, is every night, when the Maze changes, it opens up a new section. So today, section 6 was open. Tomorrow, there'll be 4, and 8, and 3. The pattern always stays the same," 

Thomas looked at the number 7 on the cylinder device. "What's so special about 7?

"I don't know. Last night, when you guys killed that Griever, section 7 was opened. Think it must be where it comes from. Tomorrow, we're gonna take a closer look,"

"What about those maps?" asked Edward as he pointed to the maze drawings on the walls. 

"They look...different somehow. Different compared to this model,"

"Sometimes when the Maze changes, the walls seem to change as well," Minho said. "We decided to take note of these in case they gives us clues," 

"How often does this happen?" Thomas asked, taking one off the wall. 

"Once every week, the Maze walls change and they stay that way for a whole day before the walls are reset to their original positions which we marked out on this main model. This started happening a year ago. 

"What do those coloured lines represent?" Thomas pointed to the map he was holding. 

"The red lines represent the raised walls. The yellow lines represent the walls that have lowered," 

Taking a careful look at them, the brothers seemed to notice something. "There's something strange about this," Edward said. 

"I think you're right Ed," Thomas agreed. 

"What do you guys mean?" asked Minho. 

Before any of them could answer, the Med Jacks came charging to the door. 

"Hey! What are you guys doing? You're not allowed in here," Minho said. 

"It's the girl!" Clint alerted.