Reunions

Teresa was sitting alone on the plane. Jerry entered but she didn't turn to him. "You okay?" he asked kindly. He had never used that tone with anyone else but Teresa. She didn't answer him. He sighed deeply. "Listen about back in the lab..." he tried to say. "I was just..."

"Was it really necessary to lash at him like that? You could have hurt him so much we never would have got that information?"

"I'm just so desperate for it to all be over. If he shared with us, what he selfishly hid, perhaps a cure could have been made, thousands of lives could have been saved,"

Teresa was unresponsive. She was purposefully ignoring him lost in thought. Jerry crossed his arms. "You're thinking about Edward again? Aren't you?"

"What?" Teresa shot her head at him "No! Why would I?"

Jerry scoffed. He didn't believe her for one second. "Why do you care about him? He betrayed us. Because of him and his brother, we didn't have the resources to provide a cure for the Flare,"

Teresa tried to speak but she had no words.

"You care about him still don't you?" accused Jerry.

Teresa scoffed. "Of course, I don't,"

"Then let me ask you something Teresa," Jerry drew closer to her. "If you don't care about him as you claim, why don't you ask Ava to have your connection to him broken?"

Teresa became repulsed. He pushed him away and walked off. Jerry watched her retreating figure; he clenched his fist. She walked to the front of the large jet towards Ava who sat peacefully drinking. She turned to her. "You look disturbed Teresa,"

"I'm fine Ava," she lied.

But Ava gave her a soft look. "Is it Edward again?"

Teresa sighed.

"If you want, why don't I wipe away those memories of him? There's no reason to keep holding onto them,"

"No," Teresa shook her head. "But thank you," She stared out at the window. "I want to remember him. I want to remember him so I can tell why all this was worth it,"

Ava stood beside her and patted her back. They stared out into the sun for a long while then outside the window, they saw the skyscrapers appear into view. The last City Denvers.

"We made it," Ava said proudly. "And we have already gained control of its resources,"

Her news befuddled Teresa. "A lot happened whilst you were in the trials, Teresa. We can officially begin human trials until we make sense of what Stephen hid,"

Seconds later a subordinate approached them. Turning around the two women saw he was frantic to tell them. Janson and Jerry entered the room. "Chancellor...I just got word that the train was attacked half a mile from the city. They said the train was attacked. More than half the Immunes were rescued. There are still twenty left and the Cranks too,"

Jerry and his father were not happy. Ava though infuriated remained calm. "At least they didn't get what was really important. Whatever it is that it's inside that box, Stephen intended it for Thomas and his brother," she glanced over at Thomas, still weak and unresponsive. "Perhaps they are the only ones who can unlock if there is a security lock," she turned to Jerry. "Scout the ruins outside the city wall and find his brother. And bring him back to us. Unharmed," She gave a straight glare to him. "Fail me and you will be dropped,"

"Yes Chancellor," Jerry replied bitterly.

          ..........................................................................................................................