A Bargain and an Attack

Down in their hideout, Edward was slowly beginning to wake up. He grunted. "Ow, my head," 

"Take it easy Eddie," Chuck said. 

"Ah, Chuck, you're okay," Edward was relieved. He sat up straight and was met with the relieved smiles of Teresa and Aris. "Thanks, guys,"

"We wouldn't leave you behind," Teresa smiled warmly.

Edward smiled back.

"You feeling okay?" Aris asked.

"Fine. My head just really aches and my body feels like I can't move it a lot," he groaned. "Where are we?"

"We're sort of..." Aris peered around a bit. "Underground,"

"'Underground'?" Edward repeated. "Wait, Thomas. Where's Thomas?" 

Teresa and Aris shared nervous glances. 

"Where's my brother?!"

"We don't know," Aris said. "We couldn't see him and everyone else after the lightning struck between us. The storm got worse and we had to take shelter. We saw the hatch up that ladder and we climbed down,"

"Well then let's get out of here," he said.

Chuck started climbing up to the hatch. He tried to push it. "Uh, guys. We got a problem. It's stuck. I'm afraid we're stuck down here,"

"What?!" Instantly Edward stood up and he climbed uptown to join him. he tried to push it but true to Chuck's words, the door wouldn't budge. "Dang it!" he cursed, bashing his hand against the hatch door. 

"I'm sorry Edward," Aris apologised.

Edward slid down the ladder and Chuck joined him, hugging him to comfort him. 

"What do we do now?" Chuck asked.

The three older teens didn't have any ideas. Edward took a torch from Aris and he scanned the tunnels on either side. They were dark and dusty. "Looks like our best chance is to follow those tunnels,"

"But we don't even know what's through there," Aris argued.

"We don't have a choice," Teresa supported Edward. "It's our only chance,"

"I hope we find the others soon," Edward prayed. He was scared for Thomas. He hoped he was alright. He was the only face he remembered before the lightning struck between them. Reluctantly they walked slowly through the tunnels, Edward led the way. Chuck was behind them, then Teresa and finally Aris. Edward kept his torch high up to laminate the way. Aris took slow glances backwards to make sure nothing was behind them. 

            .........................................................................................................

The boys followed Jorge into his compound. Numbers of men were sitting everywhere. They looked cranky. Thomas felt discomfortable. Though he couldn't see too clearly, their aggravating nature seemed to make him unsettled. Newt helped him up some stairs into an office. 

Jorge and Brenda turned to him. "Sit,"

Newt slowly guided Thomas to sit down. 

"Let's see," Jorge sat down and observed him. "Meer. Shouldn't be too hard to fix," he pulled out a box.

"What are you going to do?" Newt demanded.

"I'm just going to wrap some bandages around his eyes. Then once I remove them, his sight should start returning to normal," Jorge pulled out bandages from his box. "Close your eyes very tightly," 

Thomas scrunched them. The boys watched closely as Jorge wrapped them around his face so they covered his eyes. They waited for a long while whilst keeping a strong firm eye on Jorge at all times. He then instructed Thomas to keep his eyes shut whilst he removed the bandages. Thomas's eyes remained closed but not as tightly.