The Clue inside the Griever

The brothers waited at the gate. 

"How's your back Tom?" asked Edward. 

"It's alright. I can still feel it sting sometimes," Thomas confessed reaching behind him. "But it's not too bad," the next thing he did was cross his arms. "Okay what are you hiding?"

Edward frowned. "Hiding what?"

"Ed...whatever it is...just tell me. You're my brother. I promise I won't tell anyone,"

Edward sighed. "It's about the girl. I promise you I don't know who she is...but I did see her in my dreams. I didn't want to tell anyone else because I was afraid of raising suspicions. Especially with Gally,"

Thomas knew about much Edward despised Gally. 

"There's also something else,"

"What is it?" Thomas asked.

"It's about last night. When I looked for you and Alby and Minho, I was cornered by a Griever,"

HIs words drastically worried Thomas. "What happened?"

Edward was very nervous. He wanted to speak. Before he could, Minho came rushing up to them with Frypan, Zart and Winston. 

"Here we are. We're ready to go," Minho said. He noticed that there was something going on between the brothers. "Am I interrupting something?"

"It's nothing," said Edward quickly. "Let's go,"

"Where are you guys off to?!" Chuck came sprinting over to them. 

"We're going to check out the dead Griever," Edward said. "But don't worry. We'll be back soon Chuck,"

"Could you do us a favour Chuck?" Thomas asked. 

"Sure," Chuck answered. "What do you want me to do?"

"We need you to make sure no one knows we're gone,"

"Okay," he nodded.

"Don't worry Chuckie," Edward bent down and clasped his shoulder. "We'll be back soon. Okay?" he gave off an encouraging smile. 

Chuck gave him a smile back. 

"See you later buddy," he patted his shoulder. Together the group shot off into the maze turning corners everywhere. They made it to closed passageway where parts of a Griever were sticking out. 

"That's disgusting," Zart grimaced. 

"Try having its fluids splashed all over you," said Thomas, grimacing over last night's events. 

Edward peered a little closer. "There's something in there,"

"You mean besides a Griever pancake?" quipped Frypan. 

"Let's take a look," Edward bent forwards and reached forward a hand. 

Suddenly the leg of the dead Griever moved and he fell back in shock. Minho and Thomas caught him. 

"I thought you said it was dead!" Frypan exclaimed. 

"Was it a reflex?" asked Zart. 

"Let's hope it was," Winston prayed. 

"Let's pull out the leg," said Edward. He took a grip. "Come on everyone,"

His brother joined in and so did their friends. 

"Three. Two..." Thomas counted down. "One!"

They gave the leg a hefty pull. The leg got detecthed from the wall and they fell to the floor. They stood up, Thomas give Frypan a lift up. Organs was splashed everywhere. "Yuck!" he grimaced.