71

Jungkook sat at the back of the classroom and looked out of the window.

He had been staring out at nothing since he came to school this morning.

Even the loud excited chatter of his classmates was not enough to pull him out of his thoughts.

Every now and then, someone would shout "We're graduating" and clap Jungkook on the back before moving on to another student but Jungkook never returned the sentiment.

Nor did he show any reaction.

He simply continued looking out of the window.

To an outsider, it looked like he was daydreaming but a closer examination revealed dark eyes pooled with unshed tears.

I'm graduating today. I'm finally catching up to Jin-hyung but he's still too far away for me to reach. He chose Smeagol over me. He even went abroad with Smeagol. Why? Why was I not enough for you, hyung?

He can still remember the day that Taehyung had told him about Jin leaving.

The news had been devastating.

Without telling anyone, he had taken a train to Seoul to see his beloved hyung.

He knew there was going to be a farewell dinner, and though he wasn't invited, he was hoping to catch Jin for a brief moment to talk to him in person.

It was the only way because Jin had severed all means of communication with him.

Jungkook was hoping to talk Jin out of leaving.

Hoping to convince him to stay.

For him.

He had skulked at Namjoon's apartment building, shivering in his long sleeve grey flannel shirt, waiting for everyone to come home.

But when they finally did, Taehyung had intercepted him before he could get to Jin.

Flashback...

"Go home, Jungkook. You're not welcome here," Taehyung hissed as he pulled Jungkook to the side of the building, away from the four young men who were entering the apartment lobby.

"Says you! I know your brother would still welcome me," Jungkook retorted as he tried to push past Taehyung.

But Taehyung neatly sidestepped Jungkook, and easily blocked him again.

"Jin-hyung too," Jungkook added softly.

"Oh really? Is that why Jin-hyung changed his phone number after your visit?"

Taehyung crossed his arms as he stared Jungkook down.

"After you fucked him and tried to steal him away from his boyfriend?"

End of flashback...

Jungkook's fervour had died after Taehyung's harsh rebuke and he had ended up walking away, dejected.

After spending the night at a jjimjilbang, he had returned to his hometown, utterly defeated.

Ironically, the jjimjilbang had been the same one where he took refuge with Jimin after finding out that Smeagol had stolen Jin from him.

Was God trying to tell him something?

Back home, Jungkook had thrown himself into his studies in an attempt to forget Jin and mend his broken heart.

He had also given up track and photography so he didn't have to see Taehyung any more than he already did at school.

Instead he took up dance again after Jimin expressed an interest in it and didn't want to sign up alone.