65

Jungkook looked at his phone for the umpteenth time and sighed.

It has been over an hour since Jin left with Smeagol, and he had been trying to call him many times but was never able to get through.

His first three calls had rung and rung without answer until it cut to voicemail.

His follow-up calls after that had gone straight to voicemail, and he could only surmise that Smeagol had taken Jin's phone and switched it off.

Jungkook was worried for Jin.

The murderous look in Smeagol's eyes when he'd caught them in bed had sent ice down his spine.

And when the older man had spoken so disrespectfully to his hyung, it had struck a nerve in Jungkook.

He wanted nothing more than to drive his fists into that pale face and gouge those cat eyes out.

"Still can't get through, Kookie?" Taehyung asked as he took a seat next to Jungkook at the dinner table.

He eyed the plate in front of his friend and noticed the food remained largely untouched.

He wondered if Jungkook would mind if he ate it.

"No. It keeps going to voicemail. I'm worried, Tae. What if that asshole hurts my Jinnie?"

Taehyung's hand paused in the middle of carrying off a piece of bacon from Jungkook's plate.

He smiled sheepishly when Jungkook looked from his face to his hand with a fierce frown.

He decided to risk it anyway and put the bacon on his own plate before answering his friend.

"Yoongi-hyung would never do that. He loves Jin-hyung too much."

"How would you know?! You didn't see his face when he caught us in bed together!"

"Yoongi-hyung is not the type to fly off the handle just because his boyfriend slept with his dongsaeng."

"He would if they were both naked and there's a half-empty bottle of lube on the floor," Jungkook muttered under his breath as he took a bite of bacon.

"WHAATTT??!!!"

"Shit, Tae! I almost went deaf!" Jungkook glared at his friend as he held one hand to his ear.

"Oh my god, Jungkook. Please tell me you didn't do what I think you did. That you and Jin-hyung didn't do what I think you both did."

"What do YOU think WE did?" Jungkook asked gruffly.

Instead of answering, Taehyung held one hand up and made a circle with his thumb and index finger.

He then smirked and wiggled his eyebrows before pushing the index finger of his other hand through the circle several times.

"Yeah," Jungkook confirmed.

There was a thud and Jungkook's chair vibrated a bit.

When he looked to his side, Taehyung was sprawled on the floor, his mouth hanging open with bits of masticated bacon inside, as he stared back up at him with eyes so wide that they were in danger of popping out.

"You had sex?!" Taehyung whisper-yelled. "With Jin-hyung?!"

"Well yeah. Isn't that what this means?" Jungkook repeated Taehyung's earlier gesture back at him, puzzled that the other didn't know.

"Yes! Yes, that's exactly what it means," Taehyung confirmed as he got back on his chair and began pilfering Jungkook's breakfast again.

Silence fell between them as both ruminated on the thoughts that played in their minds, Jungkook's earlier worry forgotten for the moment.

After a while, Taehyung looked over to his friend.

"How was it? The sex?"

"It was amazing," Jungkook's voice was dreamy. "Even though we were both virgins, we figured it together and it was out of this world. I'm glad I waited, Tae."

"I'm happy for you, Jungkook. It's been a long time coming. So I'm guessing that Jin-hyung has broken up with Yoongi-hyung, and that's why he came over this morning. To try and get Jin-hyung back."

"No."

"No? What do you mean no?"

"They haven't broken up."

"WHAATTT??!!!"

"Oh my god, Tae! Can you stop doing that?! I'm really going to go deaf if you keep this up!"

But then Jungkook registered the look on Taehyung's face, and he realised that his friend was angry.

Like really, really angry.

He gulped.

"Errr... Tae? Are you alright?"

"You fucked another man's boyfriend. And worse, you turned Jin-hyung into a cheater. I'm disappointed in you, Jeon Jungkook."

Taehyung picked up his plate and left the dinner table without another word.

And as he walked to the room he shared with his hyung after he put his plate in the sink, he threw a scorching glare at Jungkook but said nothing.

Jungkook stared at his friend's disappearing back, digesting what just happened.

Then a sob broke through the hush, and he placed his head on his arms at the dinner table as the magnitude of last night's events crashed over him.

What have I done?