19

Jin walked along the riverfront as he pondered the things that Namjoon had said to him on their date.

It has been a week since that night, and though Namjoon hasn't brought up the subject yet, he knew it was coming.

Namjoon has been sending him text messages and emails about the benefits of going to Hanyang.

He has also been sending him information about living in the dorms versus living off-campus.

He had told Jin that, personally, he preferred living off-campus, and his parents had already agreed to buy an apartment that they could share.

Jin knew he needed to make up his mind soon.

Though he never declined the offer from Hanyang, he hasn't accepted the offer from the local college either.

So far his parents have been quite wonderful about the whole thing.

They haven't put any pressure on him to make a decision even though they had been proud when he had gotten the early acceptance from Hanyang.

His older brother was a different story.

Before he'd left to enlist in the Navy for mandatory military service, he had told Jin in no uncertain terms that he should go to Hanyang.

He'd said that Jin was too smart for their local college, and needed the challenge that a university in the city would offer him.

Jin had taken his brother's advice to heart because he loved his brother, and he admired the man.

However, at the back of his mind, he also loved Jungkook, and he was worried about leaving him behind, unprotected.

Jin was torn.

He turned away from the riverfront and began making his way back to town.

He wanted to stop and get himself a latte at his favourite coffee shop before taking the bus home.

The bell above the door tinkled as he entered the shop.

He paused just inside the threshold to breathe in the smell of fresh ground coffee, and freshly brewed tea.

As he made his way to the counter, he saw a couple at the table by the window.

The girl was cute, and the boy's back looked familiar.

The couple kept giving each other little pecks on the lips, and the girl would giggle every time the boy switched to little pecks on her cheeks and jawline.

Young love, Jin smiled.

He gave his order to the barista at the counter and stepped to the side where the pick-up counter was.

He heard his phone ding to signal an incoming message, and checked his screen.

It was Namjoon with more trivia about Hanyang.

Jin sighed.

He was getting tired of it.

He dialed Namjoon's number, and the other picked up after the first ring.

"Namjoon, stop. I get it, okay. It's great. You can stop trying to convince me now."

"Does this mean you've decided?"

"No, but you're not helping. So please just stop."

Jin picked up his latte and began to walk languidly back to the exit.

The cute girl at the table by the window looked up, and made eye contact with him.

Her jaw dropped as she stared at him.

She blushed and lowered her gaze, before looking back up at him coyly.

Jin was used to this by now.

He knew girls were attracted to him because of his looks.

It was a shame that he wasn't attracted to any of them.

"Jiiiinniiieee..." Namjoon whined on the other line.

"Joooonniiieee..." Jin whined back just as the boy at the table turned to look at what caught the girl's attention.

It was Jungkook, and his jaw set when he heard what Jin said.

He turned back to the girl, put his hand on the back of her neck, and pulled her in for a kiss.

Jin's eyes widened when he caught a glimpse of Jungkook's tongue entering the girl's mouth.

Though he felt a prickling in the corner of his eyes, Jin played it cool.

He waited until Jungkook was done ravaging the girl, before he caught his eye, smiled with a nod, and then walked out of the shop with his head held high.