49

Jimin accepted his cup of hot chocolate from the barista, bowed, and turned to choose a table to sit at.

He was hoping to see Namjoon here today because he had something to tell him.

He had tried to call Namjoon earlier but the older did not answer any of his calls, and all of his texts have gone unread.

Jimin was trying not to cry.

It wouldn't do for him to cry on top of the heavy feeling in his chest.

He pulled out his phone to see if Namjoon had called or read any of his messages, but there was no missed calls notifications and his messages remained delivered but not read.

He decided to take the opportunity to check his appearance while he waited.

He knew that sooner or later Namjoon would come to this café.

It was his favourite hangout after a day of lectures.

Namjoon always stopped here before going home.

That was how they'd met.

Jimin had come in late one evening, feeling disheartened because he had heard through the grapevines that his school's dance team captain was cutting him from the team, claiming he lacked talent and promise.

This was the same captain who was Jimin's boyfriend up until two weeks prior when he dumped Jimin for a transfer student with a lithe body that could twist and turn like a pretzel.

Jimin was sitting in the corner by the pick-up counter, trying to hide his tears when a cup of hot chocolate was placed in front of him.

He looked up as a tall young man began to sit in the opposite chair only to stumble and slide off.

Jimin had quickly reached out and grabbed his elbow to keep him from landing on the floor.

The man had smiled his gratitude, and Jimin became hypnotised by the deep dimples that appeared on his handsome face.

The man had introduced himself to Jimin that day, and soon it became a regular thing for them to 'accidentally' bump into each other at the café.

The man was Namjoon.

Before long, coffees and hot chocolates turned into dinners, then movies, then dates, until one night, Jimin agreed to go home with Namjoon.

It was the most amazing night of Jimin's life, and little by little, he fell in love with Namjoon.

He had even met Namjoon's housemate, Jin.

At first, he was intimidated by Jin-hyung because the man was jaw-droppingly handsome, like a manhwa hero come to life, but as he got to know the older, he learned that Jin was actually an introvert who forced himself to become social.

So they had become friends, and Jimin hung out with Jin-hyung when he wasn't with Namjoon.

Jimin checked the time on his phone, and considered calling Jin-hyung as he took a sip of his hot chocolate.

He needed to talk to someone, but then he remembered that Jin was picking up Namjoon's family from the railway station because Namjoon was tied up at the university.

That was why Jimin was here at the café.

He knew Namjoon would soon stop by before going home.

The bell over the door gave a short burst of light airy rings as the door opened.

Jimin looked up in anticipation.

His heart lifted when he saw it was Namjoon.

He was about to raise his hand to get Namjoon's attention when he noticed the smiling man walking beside Namjoon.

The man whose hand was in Namjoon's, their fingers laced together.

The man whom Namjoon just kissed on the lips.

Jimin's heart stopped, and he could feel his face heating up as his eyes watered.

He watched as Namjoon and the unknown man ordered their drinks, and then walked over to the pick-up counter to wait, hands still held tightly together.

He willed Namjoon to look up and notice him at his table.

After several more kisses and giggles between Namjoon and the other man, Jimin's wish finally came true and Namjoon looked up to catch Jimin glaring at him.

If Jimin's heart hadn't been breaking at that moment, he would have laughed at the way Namjoon's eyes widened and almost popped out of his head as he tripped over his own feet, stunned.

"Whoa Namjoonie, are you okay?"

"I... I'm fine, Hobi."

Jimin watched as Namjoon struggled to regain his composure as he collected his drink.

He saw Namjoon's eyes dart furtively to the door, and knew he was gauging the best way to exit without having to pass by Jimin's table, but his companion was already pulling him forward.

Jimin's tears dried up immediately, and his back straightened.

He was not going to make it easy for the cheating bastard.

As the couple came abreast, Jimin stood up and locked eyes with Namjoon.

"Namjoon sweetie," Jimin called out with a saccharine voice, "I've been waiting for you."

Namjoon's face paled as the man beside him stopped to look between him and Jimin.

"Namjoonie, who is this?"

Jimin plastered on a fake smile, and held out his hand to the other man.

"I'm Jimin. Namjoon and I have been seeing each other for months, and I just found that I'm having his baby. And you are?"

Namjoon's jaw dropped, along with his cold brew.