55

Author's Note: If you guessed BTS Festa 2014 to the question that I asked at the end of the previous chapter, you are correct. Jungkook said it to Jin when they were all seated around the table while doing 꿀 FM. You get extra points if you also remembered how Jin couldn't stop smiling after Jungkook said it. Look up BTS Festa 2014 on YouTube, and fast forward to 5:40 to hear Jungkook say it. You'll be glad you did.

*********

Yoongi pushed his food around in his bowl.

Despite the delicious meal that his mum had made, he wasn't able to summon the appetite to show his appreciation.

He missed his Jinnie, and wished he had stayed in Seoul with his boyfriend instead of driving home to be with his family.

The chatter around the dinner table was making him crazy.

The conversation was interesting but none of the voices was his Jinnie's.

None of the laughter and giggles were his boyfriend's.

Yoongi shook his head ruefully.

He and Jin have only been together officially for just under three months, yet here he was mooning over the man, and wishing his week home was already over so he could hurry back to Seoul.

To his Jinnie.

Lunch was finally over an hour later, and Yoongi rushed through the clean-up process.

His parents had given the staff three days off to be with their families for Christmas.

Normally he was happy whenever his parents gave their staff several days off, but right now he wished they had at least kept a skeleton crew back so he could escape to his room and call his boyfriend.

"Son, are you alright?"

Yoongi paused in the middle of washing the dishes as he turned to look at his mum.

"I'm fine, Eomma."

"Are you sure? You didn't eat much at lunch even though I made all of your favourite dishes."

Yoongi sighed and returned to washing the dishes.

"I'm fine, Eomma."

A hand came to rest gently on his shoulder.

"Is it your boyfriend? Are you missing him?"

Yoongi gaped.

"A mother knows these things. When your son calls you one day to tell you about a boy he just gave a tour of the school to, and he's rushing his words because he's giddy..." his mum paused and smiled knowingly.

Yoongi blushed.

"I'm right, am I not? He's your boyfriend now?"

"Yes, Eomma. Almost three months."

"You miss him, don't you? And you're wondering how soon can you leave to go back to him, correct?"

Yoongi nodded because there was no use denying what his mum already knew.

"Well... I miss my son so I'll make you a deal."

Yoongi waited.

"You don't have to stay until after the New Year like you originally planned."

Yoongi's heartbeat picked up at the thought of reuniting with Jin earlier than expected

"But you have to stay until the 30th at least. You can go back on the 31st."

Yoongi was a little disappointed because he was hoping he could leave tomorrow morning but it was still better than nothing because now he would get to spend New Year's Eve and New Year's Day with Jin.

"Deal," Yoongi gave his mum a gummy smile.

"There it is! My baby boy's beautiful smile! Now go! Go call your boyfriend and tell him that you'll see him soon."

"But the dishes, Eomma..."

"I'll finish up. I was young once. I know what it's like. Call him, and tell him I said hello."

Yoongi quickly dried his hands and gave his mum a hug.

"You're the best, Eomma!"

And he ran off to his room to call his Jinnie.