9

Jin looked at his phone sadly.

It has been two weeks since the incident at the cinema.

Jin has been avoiding Jungkook, leaving his home early in the morning so he didn't have to walk to school with Jungkook, and coming home late at night after spending the evening at Namjoon's house.

Jin knew he was being a coward, but every time he remembered the kiss that he saw between Jungkook and the girl, the pain that he'd felt that night would return twice as bad, leaving him gasping for breath as tears ran down his cheeks.

That night brought his hopes and dreams to an end.

His hopes that his Jungkook would turn out to be just like him, and his dreams that he could be with Jungkook the way he'd always wanted to be.

Jin's phone dinged to signal an incoming message.

He looked at the sender's name and sighed.

It was Jungkook.

Again.

He'd received and read all of Jungkook's messages from the first text that Jungkook had sent after he fled from the cinema.

All 144 of them, including this latest one.

They were all more or less in the same vein, asking Jin where he was, when he was coming home, and what Jungkook did wrong to make him stay away this long.

But the ones that Jungkook sent at night were different.

The ones that Jungkook sent at night were the most heartwrenching.

They made Jin's heart ache, and his eyes well with unshed tears.

Jungkook's nighttime texts were all walks down memory lane, reminding Jin of the things they used to do together, the things they used to talk about, the things that they experienced together, and the places that they visited together.

From these memories, Jin could see when his feelings for Jungkook changed, and when the love he had always held for the boy evolved into romantic love.

"Was that Jungkook?" a voice interrupted Jin's maudlin thoughts. "How many text messages does that make now? 100?"

"144."

"Jin, don't you think it's time you talk to the boy? He's hurting. I can see you're hurting too."

"I can't, Namjoon. I just can't."

Jin's voice broke, and along with it the dam that had been keeping his emotions at bay.

Namjoon looked at his friend sadly, sighed and pulled him into his arms to comfort him.

He understood what Jin was going through.

Unrequited love hurt like the son of a bitch.

Namjoon should know.

He's been in love with Jin since they were sixteen.