13

Jin stared at his reflection in his bathroom mirror.

He knew he was delaying the inevitable.

He had to leave his bathroom at some point because heaven knows he can't spend all night in here, pretending to take a shower.

But on the other side of the door was Jungkook.

His dongsaeng.

The love of his life.

The one he will never be with no matter how much he wished for it.

And it hurt.

It fucking hurt.

He took a deep breath and shook himself free of his sad thoughts.

"You can do this, Seokjin. You can do this."

He walked back into his bedroom and stopped in his tracks.

Jungkook was lying on his side, holding the blanket open for Jin to get into bed.

He was shirtless.

Jin's mouth dried up, and his tongue felt like it was stuck to the roof of his mouth as his eyes travelled up and down Jungkook's body.

He's been working out, Jin thought, and it shows.

Jungkook's pectoral and abdominal muscles were starting to take shape, and the sight was making Jin's stomach do flips.

"Hyung, hurry up! I'm cold!"

Jin climbed into his bed and gingerly laid himself next to Jungkook, but the younger was having none of it.

The minute Jin put his head on his pillow, Jungkook dropped the blanket over both of them, put his head on Jin's chest, and pulled him close by the waist .

Jin stopped breathing, and he began to have heart palpitations.

"Hmm, you smell good, hyung," Jungkook murmured.

Jin gave a noncommittal hum.

He didn't trust his voice not to give away how he was feeling right now.

"Can we talk now, hyung? About what's been happening with us?"