32

It was Jungkook's graduation.

Today he was bidding farewell to his middle school years, and putting on his maroon school blazer and trousers for the last time.

Next month he will be attending Jin's high school and he was looking forward to it.

He couldn't wait to walk down the halls that his Jin-hyung haunted, and he hoped that he would be assigned to the same homeroom that Jin was in during his time there.

He was looking forward to his first day as a high school student so he can come home and tell Jin all about it.

He was becoming a grown-up, and soon he will catch up to his Jin-hyung.

Soon he will be on equal footing with Jin.

Jungkook had already received his certificate in class from his homeroom teacher earlier, and now he was heading to the auditorium with the rest of his classmates for the graduation ceremony.

He called Jin to make sure he was on his way.

Jin was there on Jungkook's first day and entrance ceremony to middle school so it was only right that he should be there on his last day and graduation.

"Hello?"

"Are you here yet, hyung?"

"Of course."

Jin's chuckle on the other end of the line made Jungkook's stomach flip.

"Did you think I would forget such an important day?"

Jungkook grinned.

As he entered the auditorium and took his seat, he looked up at the upper levels and began searching among the sea of parents and friends for his Jin-hyung.

As soon as he saw the light blue coat over the soft pink sweater, a wide happy smile appeared on his face and he waved enthusiastically.

Jin waved back just as enthusiastically.

So did the man next to him.

Frankenstein.

A bitter look crossed Jungkook's face and he immediately turned his back and stared at the stage as he mumbled some choice descriptive words about Frankenstein.

Just then he felt the boy next to him gasp and begin to wave crazily.

Jungkook facepalmed himself mentally.

Of course.

Frankenstein was here because his brother was graduating too.

Taehyung, the boy sitting next to Jungkook.

The boy who had just poked the eye of the girl on his left with his excited waving, and then elbowed Jungkook in the chest when he stopped to apologise to his female classmate.

Taehyung is a walking menace who needs to come with his own warning sign, Jungkook thought as he rubbed his sore chest.

Two hours later, Jungkook stood with his parents and his older brother as Jin took their picture with Jungkook's camera.

The camera had been a Christmas gift from Jin so his dongsaeng had his own equipment for photography, and Jungkook loved it.

"Okay, picture with Jin-hyung next," Jungkook announced impatiently, "I want photos with him!"

"Let me take it!" someone offered.

It was Taehyung, who was standing close by with his own parents, having his picture taken by Frankenstein.