59

Yoongi tucked the pale hand under the soft duvet, and straightened the rest of the bedclothes around the sleeping man.

They had returned from Yoongi's family cabin early this morning because the man's condition had deteriorated quicker than they expected.

The man was Yoongi's ex-boyfriend.

They had dated all through high school, but then the man had broken up with Yoongi before they went to university.

He had told Yoongi that he wanted to experience life beyond what they had shared, and he wanted to date new people who didn't know who he was or where he came from.

It had broken Yoongi's heart, and it had hardened him against anyone who tried to get close after his boyfriend left him.

But then Yoongi was called to the university dean's office one day, and asked to give a tour to two incoming new students.

One of the students was Kim Seokjin.

One look, and a half day spent in the company of the stunning but shy young man was all it took for Yoongi's heart to thaw.

Jin was nothing like his ex-boyfriend.

Jin was kind, thoughtful, inquisitive, generous, considerate, and quite charming to everyone he met.

And Yoongi fell head over heels for him, and fell hard.

He realised his ex-boyfriend was right to end things between them because if he hadn't, Yoongi would have never given another man a second look.

That was just the kind of person Yoongi was.

And Yoongi would not have spent his precious winter break with his ex-boyfriend if the man hadn't told him that he was dying.

He would have preferred to spend his time off with his family, and talk to Jin on the phone every free moment he got.

Speaking of phone, Yoongi needed to find his quickly and charge it.

After his mum had told him that he could go back to Seoul on New Year's Eve, Yoongi had tried to call Jin to tell him the good news but Jin had not answered.

When he was about to call a third time, his ex-boyfriend had called him and after that, Yoongi had left his hometown to take the man to his family cabin in the mountains.

It was his ex-boyfriend's dying wish, and Yoongi didn't have the heart to refuse him.

After all, they were once happy together.

Unfortunately, due to the cabin's remote location, Yoongi was not able to call Jin and let him know where he was.

He could only hope and pray that Jin would not be too upset with him when he returned to Seoul tomorrow to surprise him.