18

Jungkook put his tray of food down on the table and sat next to Taehyung in their school cafeteria.

"Oh hey, Jungkook. Did you have a good weekend?"

"Not really. You?"

"I had a great weekend. My hyung and Jin-hyung took me to the arcade yesterday, and I smoked Jin-hyung at every game we played against each other."

The older boy chortled like he was auditioning for Chucky.

Jungkook's hand paused on its way to put a spoonful of rice into his mouth at the mention of Jin's name.

"Jin was at your house yesterday?"

"Yup. He came over for lunch, and then we went to the arcade after."

Jungkook forced himself to swallow the food in his mouth even though there was a lump in his throat.

"So where did you all go the night after you sent me home? I saw Jin get into your brother's car when I went in my house."

"I think they met up with some girls for a double date or something. I didn't get much details when my hyung was dropping me off home. He doesn't tell me these things. Jin-hyung didn't say anything either."

A double date? So I was right that Jin was dressed up for a date. Damn it, hyung! Why?

There was a heaviness in Jungkook's belly the size of a boulder, and he wanted to cry.

The date must have gone well if Jin was at Taehyung's house the day after.

He must have been there to plan another one.

"So why was your weekend not good?" Taehyung asked.

"Personal stuff."

Taehyung nodded.

"Maybe you need to go on a date. Get your mind off of your personal stuff."

Jungkook munched on his bulgogi as he considered Taehyung's suggestion.

Maybe it wouldn't be so bad to go on a date again.

His last one had been alright until she got all clingy and jealous of his closeness with Jin-hyung.

But now Jin was no longer interested in remaining close with him so maybe he should broaden his horizons and see what's out there.

What was it that Jin-hyung had said? Ah yes, spread your wings, and be independent.

"That sounds like a good idea, Tae. Set me up on one."