16

True to his words, Jin backed off from Jungkook.

He walked the younger to school again, but he no longer walked him home from school despite Jungkook's pleas.

Instead, Jin encouraged his dongsaeng to do some after-school activities like sports and performing arts.

Jungkook had balked at first because he wanted to spend time with Jin after school, the way they used to, but Jin was not dissuaded.

So Jungkook took up track to please him.

But it wasn't enough for Jin, so Jungkook did dance.

Again, it wasn't enough for Jin, so Jungkook took up photography.

When Jin said he should do more sports, Jungkook tried swimming and made the school team.

Only after Jungkook told Jin that his activities were taking up his Mondays through Fridays, as well as a portion of his Saturdays, was the older satisfied.

Jungkook didn't enjoy any of his after-school activities in the beginning because he felt they were useless and interfered in his time with Jin.

But after he made friends at these recreational pursuits, he began to enjoy them.

He still missed his Jin-hyung though, and longed to spend more time with him, but he reminded himself that he was doing this for Jin.

One of the first friends he made was an odd but highly entertaining boy named Taehyung.

Taehyung was in track and photography with him, and was quite a character.

He was a bit older than Jungkook, had a boxy smile, and said the strangest but interesting things.

He was also Frankenstein's younger brother.

Jungkook found this out when Frankenstein came to pick them up after a track meet.

It had been a bit uncomfortable in the car when Taehyung had asked Jungkook for directions to his house, and Namjoon revealed he already knew the way because Jin was Jungkook's next door neighbour.

It made Jungkook resent the other man even more, and he would have found another way home if it were not for his friend Taehyung.

When they arrived at his house, Jungkook hurriedly got out of the car and said goodbye, hoping that they will leave immediately.

But Namjoon parked, and went next door to ring the doorbell.

Jungkook prayed that no one was home, and felt betrayed when the door opened.

It was Jin, and he was dressed like he was going on a date.

He looked amazing.

The sight made Jungkook's heart race, and his belly tighten.

Wait, what?