28

Namjoon looked around his family room and was pleased with the turnout for his birthday.

But best of all, he was happy that Jin was here, even if that brat Jungkook had tagged along.

At first Namjoon had been miffed when his brother told him that he'd invited Jungkook, but when Taehyung reminded him that he wanted at least one guest around his age at the party, he had relented.

If it wasn't for the fact that Jungkook was a good influence on Taehyung when it came to school and studying, Namjoon would have never encouraged his brother to hang around Jungkook.

Jungkook was rude, had a mean right hook, and was possessive about Jin.

When Namjoon had mentioned Jungkook's clingy and controlling nature to Jin, the latter had laughed it off and said Jungkook was just protective of the hyung that took care of him since he was a baby.

Namjoon was not sold on Jin's explanation, and thought his friend was clueless about how Jungkook truly felt about him, but because he felt the same way about Jin, he didn't say anything.

"Hey Joonie," Jin came up to Namjoon. "Are you having a good time?"

"I'm having a wonderful time now that you're here," Namjoon's smile was wide, confirming his happiness.

"Joonie..."

"I know, I know," Namjoon held his hands up and inclined his head in surrender, "I know you don't feel the same way but just let me enjoy this moment, okay?"

Jin raised an eyebrow and studied his friend but then nodded with a smile.

The two stood side by side, watching the guests silently, content in each other's company.

But there was a niggling question at the back of Namjoon's mind.

"Have you decided where you're going for uni yet, Jin? Final decision is due next week."

"Yes, I have. I gave my answer already on Wednesday."

"And?"

Namjoon's heart was in his throat.

He wants to know what Jin decided, but at the same time, he doesn't want his heart broken if Jin's decision didn't align with his.

"I'm going to Hanyang."

Namjoon gasped, and tears gathered in his eyes.

But they were happy tears, and he sobbed as he pulled Jin into his arms and buried his face in Jin's neck.