46

Jin walked into the kitchen, and eyed his dongsaeng.

There was a satisfied smirk on Jungkook's face.

The brat looked like Sylvester who just swallowed Tweety.

Jin sighed.

"Jungkook, seriously?"

"What? I wasn't lying."

"He's your hyung."

"No. He's not. You're my hyung. My hyung is my hyung. That..." Jungkook gestured vaguely in the direction that Yoongi had disappeared to, "... that thing is a cat with an itch to scratch."

"Jeon Jungkook!"

Jin was horrified and bewildered.

This was not his Jungkook

This was not the boy he helped raised.

He doesn't understand what's come over that sweet boy.

Could my departure have been the cause of all this?

His head began to pound, signalling an oncoming headache.

He rubbed his temples as he pondered his next move.

To be honest, Jungkook's arrival had caught him by surprise.

After almost a year of silence, and the torture of pining for the younger boy, Jin had given up on ever seeing Jungkook again.

He had even said goodbye to his feelings for Jungkook on his birthday.

But feelings were such arbitrary creatures because despite his best efforts, when Jungkook wrapped his arms around him at the station, Jin felt like he'd come home.

And when Jungkook cried, Jin's first instinct was to take care of him, and smother him with love.

After he managed to calm his dongsaeng down, Jin had stepped away to return to Yoongi's side but Jungkook had grabbed his hand and intertwined their fingers like old times.

Jin saw Yoongi stiffen and narrow his eyes at Jungkook so he had quickly made introductions to avoid a physical altercation.

"Yoongi, this is Jungkook. He's my dongsaeng. We grew up together because we lived next door to each other."

Jin then used his free hand to indicate Taehyung and his mother.

"This is Namjoon's mum, and that is Namjoon's brother, Taehyung. Jungkook and Taehyung are friends and classmates."

Yoongi had bowed politely to Mrs Kim, and smiled at Taehyung.

But when it came to Jungkook, he merely nodded with a curt smile.

Jungkook did the same before he took his bag from Yoongi, and pulled Jin to the doors.

"Let's go, hyung."

Despite his young age, Jungkook was strong so he managed to drag Jin away from the group.

"Jungkook, slow down!"

But Jungkook was beyond hearing as he pulled Jin behind him.

"Jungkook, stop! Please stop!"

Jin dug his heels in and finally got Jungkook to stop outside in the parking lot.

"What's the matter, hyung?"

"I don't have the keys to the car because Yoongi drove. And we have to wait for the others. Did you forget about Tae and his mum?"

Jungkook looked quite ashamed after Jin reminded him.

"I'm sorry, hyung. It's just I'm so happy to see you again that I forgot about the others. When I'm with you, I see only you."

Jin melted inside upon hearing Jungkook's words.

How can he still have this effect on me when I've already let go of my feelings for him?

I'm with Yoongi now.

And why is he back after ignoring me for so long?

"Jungkook, why are you here? Why have you come?"

"I've come because I miss you, hyung."

Jin knew Jungkook was telling the truth.

The earnest tone in his voice, and the desperate look in his eyes confirmed it.

"Are you still angry that I left?"

"Yes, but only a little. I understand now why you left. And I know you didn't leave me for Franken- I mean, Namjoon-hyung."

"Leave you for Namjoon?"

There it was again – his dongsaeng's strong dislike for his friend and housemate – it didn't make sense.

"Kookie, wh—"

"There you are!"

Yoongi called out as he arrived with Taehyung and Taehyung's mum.

He frowned at Jin when he noticed his hand was still intertwined with Jungkook's.

Jin immediately pulled his hand free and went to Yoongi, ignoring the displeased growl behind him.

"Sorry about that, Yoongs."

"It's alright, Jinnie. At least you made it to the car in good time," Yoongi smiled.

Jin blinked.

He didn't even realise that he and Jungkook had stopped right next to Yoongi's black Range Rover.

Yoongi had then busied himself with putting away the luggage, but as Jungkook grabbed Jin's hand to sit with him in the back, Yoongi had pulled Jin forcefully and walked a short distance away.

"Why don't you wait in the car while I talk to your hyung, Jungkook?"

The way Yoongi spoke to Jungkook implied it was not a suggestion, and the younger knew it because he huffed before getting in the back with Taehyung.

Jin then gestured for Taehyung's mum to sit in the front, and she graciously accepted.

"Jinnie, what's going on? Why did that boy hug you? Why did he cry when he saw you?"

Yoongi's eyebrows were furrowed in consternation.

"I'm Jungkook's hyung. He and I grew up together so we are very close. It's made him quite possessive because he doesn't like sharing my attention."

"Are you sure that's all it is, babe? It looked more than that to me," Yoongi was not convinced.

"Yes, I'm sure."

"Does he know you have a boyfriend now?"

"No. We fell out when I left our hometown, and we haven't spoken since. This is the first time we've seen each other, and talked."

"You better tell him that I'm your boyfriend, Jinnie. I will not tolerate his possessiveness over you. He doesn't have that right. I do."

"I will, Yoongs. I promise."

So now here he was in the kitchen, looking at his precious dongsaeng.

Somehow Jin was not confident that Jungkook will take the news about him and Yoongi well.

Jungkook had already shown that he didn't like sharing Jin with Namjoon, and Namjoon was just a friend.

Jin was fairly certain that Jungkook will react badly once he tells him about Yoongi.

"Kookie," Jin began, "I have something to tell you."