52

Jungkook sniffed and wiped angrily at his wet cheeks as he looked out of the bus window.

He was angry with Jin, but he was mostly angry with himself.

Why the fuck did I come here?

He already has a boyfriend.

I never even got a look-in.

And what the fuck is so good about Smeagol?

He's pale, and he's shorter than hyung.

How would they even kiss?

And how would they

Oh my god, please tell me they haven't had sex yet.

I will kill myself if that monster took my hyung's virginity.

No, I will kill that bloody monster.

No one's going to miss him.

He's too small for anyone to notice that he's gone.

But Jinnie will notice, a voice jeered in Jungkook's head, your Jinnie will notice because Smeagol is HIS BOYFRIEND and they kiss all the time.

"Shut up!" Jungkook yelled, causing the girl in front of him to jump and look back warily before she moved to a seat up front.

Jungkook looked at the buildings outside and realised he was now in the city centre.

He decided to get off at the next stop and explore.

He doesn't really have a plan in mind.

He had been so consumed with anger and disappointment that he boarded the first bus that came to the bus stop not far from Frankenstein's apartment.

Luckily, he had his wallet on him so he was able to pay for his bus fare.

As he walked past the row of shops, he was suddenly overcomed by a wave of melancholy.

He saw many things that reminded him of his Jin-hyung, and many more things that he would have liked to show his Jinnie, and experience with the older.

Tears began to pool in his eyes, and clouded his vision.

His steps became hurried as he tried to find a quiet place to give in to the miserable beast inside him that howled for Jin.

A coffee shop loomed ahead and he ran towards it, but as he reached the door, a stranger crashed into him and they both fell to the ground.

Jungkook glared at the stranger, and was about to yell at him when he realised that he was a boy about his age, and he was crying just like Jungkook.

"Are you alright?" Jungkook asked.

"No," the boy sobbed, "I just broke up with my boyfriend."

Jungkook's tears renewed as he offered his hand to the boy to help him up.

"I don't have a boyfriend but my soulmate just told me that he has a boyfriend."

"Men sucks," the boy sniffed.

Jungkook nodded as he led the boy inside the coffee shop.

Later that night, Jungkook found himself sleeping next to the boy at a jjimjilbang.

They had bonded over the sad state of their love lives, and cried over their respective frappuccinos.

The boy's name was Jimin, and after they finished their drinks and shared a bit more about themselves with each other, Jimin had asked Jungkook where he lived so he could walk him home.

Jungkook admitted that he was in the city for winter break, and that he was staying with friends which included his soulmate.

He did not want to return just yet.

Jimin had seen the pain in his eyes, and understood because he felt the same way.

He suggested that they stay at a jjimjilbang for the night to let things settle down.

He said he himself was not ready to go home because his family wasn't exactly getting along with each other.

Jungkook had quickly agreed.

But one night turned into one week, and during that time, he and Jimin became close friends as they relaxed in hot and cold soaking pools, sweated in saunas, and played in the entertainment lounges.

The first day, Jungkook called Taehyung's mum to let her know that he was alright because he did not want the lovely lady to worry.

She had, after all, agreed to let him come along on this trip, and it wasn't her fault that Jin-hyung chose not to wait for Jungkook before getting himself a boyfriend.

Just as it's not Jin's fault that you chose not to tell him how you feel about him, the annoying jeering voice in his head said.

On the last day of their stay, Jimin hugged Jungkook outside of the jjimjilbang and wished him well.

"I hope things work out with your soulmate, JK."

"And I hope you and your boyfriend will get back together."

"I doubt it," Jimin's smile was sad.

"Why?"

"Remember how I told you that my family's not getting along?"

"Yes..."

"My parents are getting a divorce, and I'm leaving Seoul with my dad. My boyfriend is here so..."

"I'm sorry," Jungkook commiserated.

He knew exactly how Jimin felt because he had felt the same way the day he watched Jin leave their hometown.

"But don't give up hope just yet. You never know what the future will bring."

Jimin laughed.

"JK, you sound like an old song that my grandma used to sing to me when I was little."

"Oh. What song is that?"

"Que sera, sera. There's a line in the song that goes the future's not ours to see."

"Well then, take faith in that."

"Such a wise boy," Jimin laughed again as he raised his hand to ruffle Jungkook's hair.

Jungkook had ducked, and the two boys had hugged one last time before walking away in opposite directions.

As Jungkook sat in the back of the bus on the ride back to Frankenstein's apartment, he made a decision.

He was going to wait for his Jin-hyung.

Sooner or later, Jin will notice how much he's grown and matured.

During his week away from Jin-hyung, Jungkook had gotten some clarity and insight into Jin's relationship.

His Jinnie may be with another man right now, but as far as he was able to determine from his observations of them on that first day, Smeagol was a lot more smitten with Jin than Jin was with him.

If Jungkook played his cards right, he'll be able to snatch Jin away from Smeagol.

If Jungkook was patient, his Jinnie will be back where he belongs – in Jungkook's arms.