35

Author's Note: I will be publishing a new JinKook story shortly as my way of thanking everyone for finding me again after I closed my BlueTulip97 account. It is also my way of thanking my new readers for giving your love and support to both Growing Pains and Once Again. Please check out Waiting For You which was written and completed on Thanksgiving Day. It is my way of giving thanks to all of you. I hope you will also go and check out my Thanksgiving message on my message board. It provides a little background on the story.

*********

After Jin left, Jungkook moped around his house for days.

It drove his parents and older brother crazy so they forced him to go outside to clear his head and get out of the funk that he was in.

The whole neighbourhood saw the low mood that the boy had fallen into since Jin went away so they rallied to lift him out of it.

The neighbours on their street gave him chores to do, and errands to run.

Some simply asked him to accompany them when they went for walks, or to go with them to the shops to get groceries.

They all offered to pay him when he performed a service for them, or when he helped them in their homes, but Jungkook always declined because Jin taught him that if you offer or agree to help someone, you should always do so without expecting monetary reward at the end.

Unknown to Jungkook, Jin had spoken to their neighbours during his last week to ask them to keep an eye on his dongsaeng.

He had explained that he was leaving their little town, and he was worried that there would be no one to watch over his Jungkook once he was gone.

Everyone that Jin spoke to promised him that they would take over care of Jungkook until he returned, and that they would keep him apprised of Jungkook's wellbeing.

They told Jin how proud they were of him, and how he raised Jungkook to become the handsome well-mannered teenager he was today.

To show their appreciation, they had given Jin gifts to help him when he got to the city.

It had humbled Jin to realise how much his neighbours cared.

It also made him emotional to know how they had watched fondly over him and Jungkook.

Armed with this knowledge, Jin had left his hometown with a little less worry in his heart for his precious Jungkook.

The love of his life will be just fine without him.