64

Yoongi yawned and stretched to ease the kinks in his back as he waited next to his black Range Rover.

He was on his way back to Seoul and had stopped at a service station to fill up on petrol.

He had been driving nonstop from his hometown because he was eager to see Jin again.

Yoongi had planned on an early start so he could get into Seoul to wake Jin up and take him out for breakfast but he'd received a call from his ex-boyfriend's mother letting him know that the man had passed away during the night.

Yoongi's name was the last thing he said before he died.

Though Yoongi was eager to get on the road quickly so he could be reunited with Jin, he knew that tradition demanded that he pay his respects and visit with the family so he did.

But as soon as he was able to, Yoongi had walked hurriedly back to his car and taken off towards the motorway to Seoul.

As Yoongi waited for his car to fill up, he looked over to the restaurant at the service station and wondered if he should get something to eat.

He realised that by the time he got to Jin's place, it would be long past breakfast time.

But if I drive fast...

When he heard the pump click and shut off, Yoongi had made up his mind.

He was going to keep driving.

As long as he was careful, with a bit of luck, he should be able to get to Jin by 10:00 AM the latest.

He made it by 9:27 AM and as good fortune would have it, he bumped into Namjoon's parents who were returning from having breakfast.

Yoongi chatted amiably with them as they rode the lift up to Namjoon's unit, and once they were inside the quiet apartment, he bowed respectfully to them before making his way to the closed door of Jin's bedroom.

His heart was doing happy somersaults at the thought of surprising his boyfriend because he knew Jin was not expecting him back so soon.

The door opened and Yoongi closed it quietly, but not before locking it.

He wanted a bit of privacy when he greeted his boyfriend.

As he turned towards the lump under the thick blankets on the bed, he was suddenly struck by the smell.

It was a distinct smell.

One that he was quite familiar with from his youthful days with his ex-boyfriend.

One that he was hoping to reacquaint himself with once he and Jin took their relationship to the next level.

Jin's room smelled of sex.

And it was strong, like the occupant had had sex multiple times during the night.

But how could that be?

His boyfriend was a virgin!

Yoongi strode towards the bed.

The sun was already up, and though it was winter, its rays still streamed weakly through Jin's curtains.

Yoongi's heart was pounding hard in his chest.

It was so loud that he wondered how Jin wasn't woken up by it.

Then his eyes lit upon the size of the lump under the blanket.

His boyfriend was tall and broad-shouldered but there was no way he would look that large under the blankets.

Yoongi narrowed his eyes and pursed his lips.

He could now make out that there were two different hair colours on Jin's pillow – Jin's dark brown hair, and an unknown individual's raven black hair.

There was a second pillow but it was clear that no one had slept on it.

That Jin and this stranger had shared one pillow.

Angered by this observation, Yoongi grabbed the top of the blanket and pulled.

The sight that met his eyes broke his heart.

Jin was lying on his side, spooned against another man.

They were both naked and Jin's backside was cushioned up against the man's groin, the man's arm wrapped around Jin protectively.

There were traces of dried blood on the sheets, and there was a bottle of lube on the floor.

The bottle was half full.

Yoongi clutched at his chest, and he wondered if he was having a heart attack.

The acute pain was sharp, and he was having difficulty breathing.

He tumbled to the floor with a loud thud, panting hard, and the sound woke the sleeping occupants of the room.

"Kookie, was that you?" Jin's drowsy voice came.

Tears began to well in Yoongi's eyes.

Though he was obviously still half-asleep, there was an unmistakable loving tone in Jin's voice as he addressed the man holding him.

In all the time that Yoongi has been with him, his boyfriend never spoke to him that way.

"No, baby. It must be from outside. Maybe Tae or Namjoon fell from their bed again."

Jin chuckled.

A few seconds later, there was the unmistakable sound of kissing.

"Kookie, no. I'm sore. You took me so many times already. I need time to heal."

"I'll be gentle, baby. You don't have to do anything. I'll take care of you."

"Stop calling me, baby. I'm still your hyung."

Yoongi pushed himself up off the floor, and towered over the lovers.

"That's right, Kookie. Don't call my boyfriend 'baby' because I'm the only one who has that right."

Jin yelped as he lunged out of Jungkook's warm embrace.

His eyes widened with terror when he saw that Yoongi was in his room.

And shame washed over him upon realising that he didn't have a stitch of clothing on himself.

Jungkook had worn him out after their third lovemaking and he had fallen asleep even before Jungkook began cleaning him up.

Yoongi's heated gaze locked with Jin's fearful eyes.

Though no words were exchanged, Jin could tell that Yoongi was furious.

But there was also sadness in his posture, and Jin grieved at the part he played in causing it.

Yoongi grabbed some clothes from the back of Jin's chair, and threw them at him.

"Get dressed! We're leaving!"

"Yoongi..."

"Are you fucking deaf?! Get dressed! We're leaving now!"

"Hey!" Jungkook protested. "Don't talk to him like that!"

"Shut your mouth, little boy!" Yoongi hissed. "You've done enough damage."

Jungkook's eyes flashed and he began to get out of bed to confront the shorter man.

But then a hand shot out to grip his wrist gently.

"Kookie, no. Leave it," Jin pleaded. "Please. Please don't make a scene."

Yoongi turned away to avoid looking at the two.

The emotions between them was so strong that he could taste it on his tongue.

It was painful to watch.

"I'll be in the living room. Don't keep me waiting, Jin."

And as Yoongi left Jin's room, he realised his heart was lying on the bedroom floor, shattered into a million pieces and waiting for both Jin and Jungkook to trample it further into dust when they got out of bed.