30

Britt and Iain were lying in bed together. Iain had been distant with her ever since she had been on the night out with Leigh. And she was worried she had done something wrong.

Britt looked at him and smiled. "Are we okay? You seem like you're being off with me," she said.

"No. I'm good. I've just been busy. And I've been worried about you. But knowing you're okay is all I need to know," Iain said.

Britt nodded. She looked at him. "You've been off with me since I went out with Leigh. Is there an issue with that?"

"Course not. You're being paranoid babe. I love you and it's nothing to do with you going out. I'm glad you can go out and have fun after what happened."

Britt nodded. She wasn't convinced though. She knew there was something going on with him. But she knew he wouldn't tell her.

***
Britt got to work and walked over to Leigh. She took Poppy from her and grinned. "See. She's my little best friend."

Leigh scoffed. "You can keep her. You literally can," she told her.

"Why?"

"All morning. I've had her crying for Sam. Little daddy's girl. She's my pride and joy, she really is. But she's just driving me mad. And Sam doesn't have this. He has her once a week on the weekend. He doesn't deal with her tantrums. He doesn't deal with anything," Leigh said.

Britt smiled. "I have tomorrow off. I'll have her tonight if you want?" She asked.

"Are you sure?"

Britt nodded and grinned. "Yes I'm sure. Trust me. We're gonna have fun."

***
Britt went to find Iain. He was sitting in the back of the ambulance. "Hey sexy."

"You okay?"

Britt nodded. "Yeah. I said we would have Poppy tonight. Leigh isn't coping too well. And Sam isn't helping her out. I hope that's okay?"

Iain smiled. "Course. I've just gotta pop out tonight babe. I'll bring McDonalds back for us."

"Perfect. You sure you're okay? I'm just worried that we're falling apart. And I don't want to lose you. I love you Iain," she said.

"I love you too."

***
Britt was sitting in the staff room. She looked up as Sam walked in. "We need to talk."

"Why?"

"Leigh? You're leaving her to deal with Poppy and her tantrums. And she's not coping. You're Poppy's father."

Sam rolled his eyes. He looked at her. "What goes on with Leigh and I is nothing to do with anyone. Okay?"

Britt scoffed. "Sam. I'm having your daughter tonight so Leigh can get some rest. Step up and be a father instead of being a part time papa."

***
Britt was sitting in the flat. She looked up as Iain walked into the flat. "Hey. Poppy fell asleep waiting for you. I fed her a sandwich."

"Sorry babe. My shift ran over. Are you okay?" He asked.

Britt nodded. She wanted to confront Iain about how he was acting. But she knew it wouldn't go down too well.

But with Iain and Leigh becoming distant with each other, could their relationship survive yet another hurdle?