33

Britt couldn't stop thinking about the fact she could have been pregnant. She knew she and Iain weren't in a good place at the moment and she didn't know what to think about it.

Britt woke that morning and sighed. Iain wasn't in bed. Britt sighed as she grabbed his shirt. She walked into the living room. "Babe. Are we okay?" She asked.

Iain nodded and smiled. "Yeah everything with us is good. I promise. I'm just not feeling the best," he said.

"Well you know you can talk to me. I'm always here for you. I love you and I love the little family we've made," Britt told him.

"I love you too."

***
Britt took Lillie to the crèche before she went to find Leigh. She saw her best friend sitting in the staffroom. She smiled. "Hey. You look how I feel."

Leigh sighed. "I think I'm pregnant. I don't want to be. Sam and I aren't even talking. He's just... I don't know. I just don't know if I want to be pregnant."

Britt sighed. "Tell me about it. I think I am too. And I don't know how I feel about it either. But we've both got this. Okay?"

Leigh nodded and smiled. "You and Iain have got this. I know you have. You've both been through so much. And I think you've both gotten what it takes to make it work," she said.

"I don't know Leigh. It's just a mess right now."

***
Britt was standing by the reception. She looked up as Iain walked over. "Hey. Do you want to grab some lunch? We could have a good old chat," he said.

"Yeah. Sure. I just have to check on Lillie first. She was a little unsettled today," Britt told him.

The two of them kissed. Britt smiled and looked at him. "I love you."

"I love you too."

***
Iain and Britt were sitting in the cafe. Iain took her hand. "No matter what happens with us, I will always love you," he said.

Britt frowned. "What you saying?"

"Nothing babe. I just wanted you to know. I love you and I love our daughter so much," Iain told her.

Britt smiled as she looked at him. "I love you too. Lillie loves you too my plonker," she said.

Iain nodded. He looked into her eyes and sighed. "Forever us?"

Britt laughed and nodded. She took his hand. "Forever us."

***
Britt went back to Leigh's house with her for a couple of hours. Lillie was fast asleep. She looked at her. "Have you talked to Sam?" Britt asked.

Leigh shook her head. "No. I don't want to speak to him. Everything is just a mess. You and I both know that," she told her.

Britt nodded. She looked at her. "I get that babes. But if you are pregnant, then you need to make it work. You're both meant to be," she said.

"Yeah. Maybe."

Lillie woke up crying. Britt held her close as her phone rang. "Leigh can you take her a moment? I need to get this," she said as she handed her daughter to her best friend.

Britt answered the phone and paled. She hung up. Leigh frowned. "What's happened?"

"It's Iain... he tried to kill himself..."