14

The sound of a scream came from britts hospital room. Iain was walking down the hall with a coffee frowned as she walked out. Tear rolling down her face "Lillie, shes gone" Britt said as Iain dropped his coffee. It fell to the floor crashing as Iain ran into room and looked to the empty cot where his daughter lay asleep. He looked to Britt who was crying "what happened?" he asked as she sat on the bed sobbing "I was asleep, I fed her at three and she was still there and I woke up and she was gone, someone took her" Britt sobbed as Iain sat on the bed next to her and wrapped an arm around her and pulled her close. He looked to her and sighed. He knew someone had took his daughter and he wanted to find out who it was.

Leigh walked into the room and frowned as she saw Britt and Iain crying and no Lillie "what happened?" Leigh asked as Iain stood up as Leigh sat down next to her best friend and pulled her into a hug "someone took Lillie" he said as she frowned "who?" Leigh asked as Britt wiped the tears from her eyes and looked to Iain "isn't it obvious? its Rita. She wants you so she took our baby, get her back Iain please. Dont let her hurt Lillie, she is innocent" Britt said as Iain nodded. He grabbed his phone and rang Connie letting her know what had happened and needed information to find his daughter "ill come with you, it will help if two of us are looking for her" Leigh said as Iain nodded.

***

Iain sat in the car outside of Rita's flat with Leigh. Leigh looked to him and smiled "you look tired" Leigh said as Iain nodded "I am, why would Rita do this?" he asked as Leigh sighed "Britt was right, you know it. Shes crazy and im just guessing that she thinks if she had Lillie, that she can have you" Leigh said as Iain sighed "shes more twisted than I thought" he said as she smiled to him. Iain watched as a cab pulled up and Rita stood out with Lillie "come on" Iain said as they stood up and walked over to where Rita was. Rita smiled as she saw Iain "hi baby, have you come to meet her, our daughter" Rita siad as she looked down at Lillie "shes not your baby, you crazy cow" Leigh spat "she is, this is Emma, isn't she beautiful she looks just like her daddy" Rita said as Iain sighed "Rita, her name is Lillie and shes not your baby" he said as she frowned and looked to Iain "yes she is" Rita said as she held Lillie close and stepped onto the road in front of the traffic "call the police" Iain said to Leigh who nodded.

Iain took a step towards Rita and sighed as Lillie cried "shes not well Rita, give her to me, she needs to be in hospital, shes underweight and she needs her mum" "no, he skank isn't her mum, im her mum now. Its what you and I should of had if she didnt seduce you into bed" Rita said as Iain sighed and smiled "I love Britt, and that's our daughter and she needs to be in hospital" Iain said as he took a step towards her "no" Rita said as she took a step backwards into the traffic "Iain" Leigh called as he looked to her "its okay" he said as he walked towards where Rita was "no, if I cant have her no one can" Rita said as she stood in front of an incoming car. it hit her and Lillie who's cries filled in the air as they both went flying into the air.