38

Britt knew how things with her and Iain weren't working out. They were barely talking and it was tense between them.

The only time they talked was about Lillie. Britt was fed up of it. She knew they needed to somehow sort it out. For the sake of their daughter.

Britt didn't care if he wanted to be with her or not. She just wanted their daughter to not know about the tension.

She knew how it was hard. But she felt like it had all been for nothing. That she and Iain had been through so much for nothing.

All she knew was that her life was falling apart. And she didn't know how much she could cope with.

Morning came all too quickly for her. She sighed. Britt felt like it had all gotten too much for her. She saw Lillie asleep in bed next to her.

She put pillows around her to stop her from rolling out. She made her way into the kitchen and made some coffee.

She heard the pitter patter of tiny feet and saw Lillie. Britt put her coffee down and smiled. "Morning my munchkin. Are you okay?" She asked.

Lillie yawned and giggled. Britt picked her up and held her close. "Mummy loves you so much. And no matter what happens, she'll always love you. Daddy does too. Even if he isn't here right now," she told her.

"Dada!"

Britt held her close and sighed. She knew how Lillie was finding it hard with not understanding the whole daddy not being around.

She felt like it was all going to get messed up. And she didn't know how much more she could handle.

***
Britt went into work after she took Lillie to daycare. She smiled as she saw Leigh there. "Well Iain is here. And he doesn't look happy. What's happened?" Leigh asked.

Britt shrugged. "I don't know. I'm guessing he found out I enrolled Lillie into a new daycare. I don't trust that Gem won't try and take her out for Iain," she told her.

Leigh smiled and nodded. "Well he looks mad. So just be careful. I think he may lash out."

"I'm used to it. Don't worry," Britt said as she smiled. She sighed. "I don't mind talking to him. But I don't trust his sister at all. She's too manipulative."

"Hey. You don't have to explain to me. You have to do what's best for your daughter," Leigh told her.

***
Britt was in the staffroom. Iain walked in with Gem behind him. She sighed. "Yes?" She asked as she looked to him.

"You changed Lillie's daycare? Without telling me?"

Britt tolled her eyes and sighed. "I don't trust your sister won't try and take her out. You can't blame me for that," she said.

Iain frowned. "She's her aunt. She's allowed to spend time with her."

"No she isn't. I'm sorry. But no. If you want to see Lillie, you can. But not with her," Britt said as she turned and walked off.

Not knowing how nasty it was about to turn between her and Iain. And how Gem was going to do everything she could to make sure Britt and Iain stayed apart.