35

Britt sighed as she woke in bed. Iain was still in hospital. But he had refused to see her. He didn't want to see anyone. Not even his daughter.

Britt knew how Iain was going through a lot. But she wanted to support him. He wasn't letting her. And to Britt, that hurt. It hurt how he was pushing everyone away.

Britt got out of bed and sighed. She saw Lillie asleep in the cot. She woke her up and smiled. "Come on baby. Let's get ready and then go see if daddy wants to see us," she mumbled.

"Dada!"

Britt smiled slightly. She got herself and Lillie changed and sighed. She made the breakfast and saw how much her daughter looked like Iain.

***
Britt arrived at work. Leigh was waiting for her. "Gem is with Iain. I tried to speak to him. But he didn't want to see me. You should try again," she said.

Britt sighed. She shrugged. "I don't think he even wants to see me. He doesn't want to see Lillie."

"Maybe he doesn't want her to see him looking weak? I know I'd be the same," Leigh said.

"I don't know. I'm just scared that this is going to be the beginning of the end for us. What if he wants to end us?" Britt mumbled.

Leigh rolled her eyes. She smiled. "You're being silly. Now, I'll go and take Lillie to the crèche. You can go see him. Don't leave without speaking to him," she said as she took her best friend's daughter. "Go. She'll be fine with me."

***
Britt walked up to Iain's room. Gem walked out. "He doesn't want to see you. So stop coming here," she told her.

Britt looked to her. She glared. "He's my partner. So let me see him. Or else I swear I will slap you silly."

"I'd like to see you try," Gem spat as she advanced towards Britt.

Britt pushed her away. She walked into Iain's room. "I know you're hurting. But you don't have to punish me like this! You don't want to see Lillie. Everyday she looks around for you. And you don't want to see her? Your own daughter!"

Gem walked in. She grabbed Britt's arm. "You're upsetting him. Get out. Stay away from my brother!" She spat.

***
Britt was sitting in the staffroom. She looked up as Charlie walked in. He smiled. "How's Iain?" He asked.

Britt shrugged. She sighed. "He doesn't want to see me. I don't know what I've done. He just doesn't want to see me. He doesn't want to see Lillie. She misses her daddy."

Charlie sighed and smiled. "He will come round. I know he will. He's just hurting."

"I'm hurting too. Did he not think how this would affect me or Lillie when he did this? I know he's been through a lot. But I'm scared that he doesn't want me and our little girl anymore," Britt sobbed.

Charlie pulled Britt into his arms as she broke down. He knew this had been the first time she had broken down. He knew it was tough on her.

But was this the beginning of Britt's own mental health spiralling out of control?

In love with my best friend (Casualty)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara