16

Britt sighed to herself as she got to work. She stood outside of the ambulance bay as she held a fussy Lillie, Lillie wiggled in Britts arms as Britt looked to Iain and Dixie who were messing on. She could tell that Iain was annoying dixie and looked to him "Iain, leave her alone and get your daughter" she said as Iain smirked to Dixie before he walked over to Britt and took Lillie from her and smiled as Dixie looked to her and smiled "I have no idea how you put up with him" Dixie said as Britt looked to her and smirked "he's good in bed" Britt said as she looked to Iain who was looking at her and smirking as Dixie rolled her eyes as she walked into the ambulance bay. Britt looked to Iain and smiled "I'll take Lillie to the crèche and I'll see you later" he said as she nodded.

Iain looked to Britt and frowned. He could tell that she was off and that she wasn't herself. Are you okay?" Iain asked as he placed a hand on her cheek and smiled "I'm fine, I'm just tired" she said as he looked to her and sighed "you sure?" He asked as she looked to him and nodded "maybe a little stressed, but I will be fine" she said as he hugged her and kissed her head and smiled "it's fine, we will be fine" he said as she looked to him and smiled as he leant in and kissed her.

***

Later that day, Britt watched as Matilda came in looking unwell. She spotted cal and could tell that he was upset as she walked over to him and hugged him "she will be okay, Zoe is with her and Zoe is a good doctor" Britt said as he looked to her and smiled. Britt couldn't help but worry as she thought of how it could be Lillie and be grateful that it wasn't. Britt stood with cal as they waited for news as Leigh walked over and looked to Britt and smiled. She knew her best friend and she knew how her mind was working "go and see Iain, I know you want. I'll sit with cal" Leigh said as Britt looked to her and smiled.

Britt walked into the ambulance bay and saw Iain. She walked over to him and hugged her as he frowned as he looked down at her "are up okay?" He asked as she buried her head into his chest and sighed "it's Matilda, she's ill and all I could think about was Lillie and what if it was her and I was trying to be there for cal and i just felt physically sick" she said as Iain looked to her and smiled. He could tell that she was still worried about Lillie "Lillie is fine, nothing bad is going to happen and Rita is locked up and she can't get her, she can't hurt us. I promise" Iain said as Britt looked to him and smiled as he wiped the tears from her eyes.

***

Later that night. Iain sat with Lillie and smiled down at her and smiled as he looked down at her and smiled "you have to be quiet baby, mummy is sleeping" he said as Lillie looked at him with interest. Iain knew that Britt was struggling with everything especially with the fear that Rita was going to come for them, but the question was, was Britt right to worry about Rita or was she just being paranoid?