19

Iain sighed as he sat next to brits bedside. She was still in a coma after being shot and he was anxious. Iain was anxious as she hadn't woken up yet and he was starting to fear the worse. Iain was starting to fear that she wasn't going to make it. He took a hold her hand and smiled as he looked to her and smiled as he looked to Lillie as she sat in her pushchair and smiled as he looked to Britt "we need you baby, I need you. She needs her mum and I can't do this alone. I can't do it without you. I know this is my fault, I got involved with you when I was with Rita when I should of told Rita, I should of told Rita that I didn't want her and that I don't love her when I fell in love with you, I should of known it would end in disaster. I love you, I love you so much and I can't loose you" he said.

He looked to her and smiled as she lay breathing. He ran her hands through his hair and sighed as Lillie started to cry. He picked her from her pushchair and sighed as he held her close and smiled. She looked to Britt and reached to her "I know that you miss your mummy. So do I" Iain said as she held her close as she fussed on his arms. Iain looked to Britt and sighed as he took a hold of her hand and smiled. He felt his heart break as he looked to her. Iain knew that the last thing that he wanted to do was loose her as he knew he couldn't live without her and he knew that he couldn't raise Lillie alone. He needed her.

***

Later that day, Leigh walked down the hall and smiled as she saw Iain as he sat in the hallway with Lillie. She looked to him and smirked "you look tired, do you want me to take her for a bit" Leigh asked as Iain nodded. Leigh sat next to him and smiled "I know that your worried, and your scared but Britt is strong, she's so sitting and you that as it what makes her impossible and unbearable at times but she will be okay" Leigh said as Iain looked to her and smiled. He knew Leigh was right but just hoped that she would make it.

***

Later that day, Iain sat sleeping next to Britt. She sounded to wake up and fight to breathing tube as Iain woke up. He removed the tube from her throat and looked to her and smiled "you look like crap" he said as she looked to him and glared "I look better than you" she croaked as he looked to her and smiled. He took a hold of her hand and looked to her and smiled "I thought that I had lost you" he said as she smiled "I'm not going anywhere" she said as he nodded "marry me" he said as she looked to him "what?" "Marry me, I love you and I don't want to loose you" Iain said as she looked to him shocked.