40

Britt knew that Gem had been telling lies to Iain. Saying how she had a new boyfriend when she didn't.

She didn't know why Gem was trying to ruin any chance she had with Iain. It was annoying her as all she wanted was her family back. But the way Gem was acting, that wasn't going to happen. 

She felt as though she needed to talk to Iain. To make him see that there was no one else. Even when he had Lillie, he didn't talk to her. He had Leigh talk to her.

Britt was sick of him using her best friend as a messenger. It was driving her insane. She knew that they were supposed to communicate about Lillie.

She just needed to confront him. And make him see that Gem was trying to ruin what they had. But she seemingly had done that.

It was getting to her now. And she just had to somehow make it all go back to how it used to be. She missed her family. The family she and Iain had been building since Lillie had been born.

All she knew was that things had changed. And she just didn't know how to feel about it. She missed Iain. But she didn't know how to get through to him.

Britt walked into Lillie's bedroom. She smiled as she looked to her. "Hi sweetie. Mummy loves you so much," she said as she lifted her out of the cot.

Lillie giggled and wrapped her arms around her neck. She smiled. "Daddy?"

"You want to see daddy?"

Lillie nodded. "I stay daddy?" She asked as she looked to her.

Britt sighed. She knew how this was affecting Lillie a lot more than she thought. She needed to talk to Iain. To make him see that Lillie was unhappy.

"Mummy will talk to daddy and tell him that you want to see him," Britt told her little girl. She kissed her. "You've always got mummy. Okay?"

"Otay."

Britt knew Lillie didn't understand what had been going on. But she was going to try and fix it for her little girl.

***
Britt went into work after she had taken Lillie to daycare. She saw Leigh who was waiting for her. "Boy do I have some gossip for you," she said.

"Oh?"

Leigh nodded. "Iain snapped at Gem. she told him he needed to make sure that there was food in. He told her that she needed to grow up and look after herself. He also told her that she needs to find somewhere else to live," she told her.

Britt smirked. "Maybe Iain has realised his sister is a toxic narcissist. Who needs taking down a peg or two," she said.

"Hopefully. How's Lillie been today?"

"She's okay. She's asked if she can see Iain. I need to find him actually," Britt said.

***
Britt walked over to Iain. She smiled. "Hey. Lillie has asked if she can see you," she said.

Iain turned to her and nodded. "Course. Listen, do you want to go for dinner? I think we need to talk," he said.

"Sure. When?"

Iain smiled. "I'll pick you and Lillie up tonight. Then we can talk," he told her.

Britt nodded and smiled. But was this the beginning of their relationship finally working out?