36

Britt knew how everything was getting to her. It was hard for her with Iain refusing to talk to her. He wouldn't even see Lillie which was confusing the little girl as she wanted her daddy.

Britt knew that she needed to try and somehow make it work for her. She felt like she was fighting a losing battle. She was fighting against Iain. Gem wasn't even letting her near the room.

She didn't know how much more she could put up with. She didn't know what more she could do. She just wanted to make it all better.

All she knew was that her whole head was a mess. And she felt like it wasn't worth it now.

When she woke that morning, she saw she was asleep on the sofa. She didn't even remember falling asleep. Lillie had stayed with Leigh. She had spent the night getting drunk.

Britt sighed as she looked to her phone. She was hoping she would have heard from Iain. But there was nothing. She knew it was complicated now. And she just wanted it to be how it used to be. When she was happy.

There was a knock at the door. She opened it and saw Gem. "Can I help you?" Britt asked.

Gem nodded. "Iain has asked me to tell you that he doesn't want you to visit him. He doesn't want to be with you anymore. And he wants to give up his rights to Lillie," she told her

Britt frowned. She couldn't believe what she was hearing. She looked to her. "Did he say that? Or are you bullcrapping again?"

"He said that. He doesn't want to be a dad anymore. So leave him alone," Gem said as she turned and walked off.

***
Britt walked into work. She saw Leigh and walked over to her. "Gem came to see me this morning. She says Iain wants to give up his rights for Lillie. Says he doesn't want to be around us," she told her.

"Is she lying? Or did he actually say that?"

Britt shrugged and sighed. She looked to her. "I don't know. I feel like she's lying. But with how he's been lately, I wouldn't put it past him to say that."

Leigh sighed. "You need to go and see him. I'll ask Sam to get Gem away or something. And then you can find out," she told her.

"I'm going to have to. I'm not letting him do this. Lillie is not just my daughter. And I don't think I can do it on my own."

"Go to him."

***
Britt walked into Iain's room. He looked to her but didn't speak. She didn't care. "I want to know. Did you send your sister over today to tell me you didn't want me or Lillie anymore?" She asked.

Iain said nothing. Britt rolled her eyes. "I've tried to be patient. But you are being impossible. I know what you've been through. I know. But you are punishing our daughter. She misses you. And you don't even want to see her anymore. You need to make up your mind. Cause I won't wait forever," Britt said as she turned and walked off.

Not knowing how all of this was Gem's plan to come between Britt and Iain once and for all.