Chapter Three

Logan O'Brien

Grazing my finger along the smooth skin of my wife's stomach, I watched as she slept soundlessly. There was a lot of my life that I hadn't expected, this woman being a part of it, is one of them. Never had I imagined marrying the woman I spent 24 years of my life believing was my mother. I frown in thought. The more I dwell on it, the grosser it seems.

Carmella Lawrence is now Carmella O'Brien. 

Just imagining if she had stayed all those years ago, her last name would be O'Brien but she wouldn't have been laying in my bed half-naked. The coincidence of that is astronomical. 

Forcing myself from bed, I head into the restroom. I eye myself in the mirror. Before I could even begin my morning routine, the knocking of my 5-year-old child is heard on the bedroom door. I smile, exiting the restroom and heading to the door. Once I open it, tired hazel eyes stare up at me. "Aw baby, what's wrong?" I question, noticing her stuffed teddy in her arms.

She opens her arms, indicating she wanted to be picked up. I do as told, pulling her into my arms and bombarding her cute chubby cheeks with quick pecks. "Do you want to lay in the bed with mommy?" I question looking back at the sleeping Callie.

Daisy nods her head. Chuckling, I nod my head and make my way over to my wife. I lay our daughter onto the bed and lift the covers. She wastes no time crawling to her other mother and stuffing her head into her neck. God, these two own my heart. 

It doesn't take Daisy long to go back to sleep. I adore the two a tad bit longer before moving my feet back into the restroom. 

About an hour later, I emerge from the restroom, covered by my fluffy maroon towel. Brown eyes land on me before eyeing the sleeping child beside her. "What time is it?" she questions, planting a kiss onto Daisy's cheek.

"I think it's 9ish. Are you going to shower?" 

Callie hums, her eyes taking an interest in Daisy's sleeping face. Her eyes eventually meet mine once again, "No, I think I'll sleep with my baby a bit longer. Are you going to make breakfast?"

"Not sure. I was going to grab a bagel at Bob's."

"Give me a kiss before you leave, okay?"

I salute my wife, watching her get comfortable beside Daisy. Some days, all I want to do is cuddle in bed with those two and forget I have a life outside of this home. But I force myself towards my closet to get dressed for the day. Maybe if it were a Friday or Saturday, the sight of those two would've changed my mind.

Once I'm dressed, I head to Callie's side of the bed. Knowingly, she turns her head towards me, eyes piercing my own. "I don't know if I find it sexy when you stare at me like that or just creepy" I joke, leaning down.

"Everything I do is sexy" she replies, allowing me to capture her lips. Before she or I can get carried away, I pull away with a teasing smile. "What do you want for breakfast?"

"You."

I roll my eyes in annoyance, "Okay but don't get mad when I don't show with food for you. You'll be looking at Daisy and I with a sad face because your answer was foolish."

Callie laughs, "I'll just share with Daisy. Since I'm the favorite mom, she'll share with me willingly."

"We have a better bond since I was the one who pushed her out of my vagina" I smirk. Callie eyes me weirdly, "But I'm still the favorite. You might understand her better but overall I will always be the favorite."