Chapter Fifteen

Melani Castro

"I get I haven't been here in a while but I'm pretty sure this isn't the way to my hotel," Lexi mutters. I can't help but smile as I turn onto a street, I don't say anything furthering her annoyance. "Melani, where the fuck are you going?" the blonde hisses beside me.

I glance at her quickly with a grin, "Car dealership. I want to get a car but I'm not sure which one I want."

"You couldn't ask Daisy?" the woman hisses, not impressed. I shake my head, noticing that we arrived at the Mercedes car dealership. "You have far better taste than Daisy does, I trust you'll pick an amazing car." The woman sighs and rolls her eyes, making my heart slap my ribcage repeatedly. God she's beautiful.

Suddenly I'm remembered with what she said at the restaurant. I'd noticed her spacing out as she ate, so when begged me, I was honestly confused. I could still hear her voice in the back of my head, tempting me to jump her. But I remained respectful to her relationship. No matter how much I wanted her in my bed, I needed to remind myself of Alanna, her girlfriend. The two make such a cute couple I didn't want to ruin what good she had going for herself.

"Are you getting out?" she questions. Clearing my throat, I nod my head. Stepping out of my vehicle, I meet Alexis on the other side of my car. The woman gawks at a few cars, her beautiful blue eyes sparkling as she looked around. 

"See anything that stands out?" I question, standing next to a red 2020 Mercedes-Benz SLC-Class. I look inside the car, noticing the leather seats. I never understood the fascination with leather seats. Imagine how heated they get when left out in the sun, it's just uncomfortable. But at the same time, I slightly understood the idea of not having cloth seats. Leather is just easier to clean.

Turning my attention away from the interior, I notice a worker making his way over to Alexis. I follow. "Good afternoon, see anything you like?" he questioned, making sure his uniform was decent. Lexi smiled, glancing at him, "Just looking."

The man nodded his head, "Honestly, I don't think any of these vehicles justify your beauty. Surely you'd be interested in the 2021 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class."

She eyes him again before her eyes land on me. "Mel, what do you think?" she questions. The man turns around, his eyes widening as he gawks without shame. Honestly, if he were a woman I would blush and run my hand through my hair. Clearing my throat, I move my eyes to his name tag. 

"Thank you for your assistance, Lukas but we're fine just looking around. When we see a car that piques our interest you will be the first to know," I spit respectfully.

He stumbled over his words before blushing hard and scurrying away. Turning my attention away from the brunette, I glance at Alexis. I smile when I notice the woman quickly avert her gaze as if she wasn't watching me. Clearing my throat I lean down, glancing inside the car. "Do you like this?" I question.

The blonde shakes her head, "No, but it's more your style if anything. I'm more of an SUV kind of woman." I stand and nod my head, taking note of her preference. My eyes scan the wide parking lot of the dealership. "Then let's go check out the SUVs," I point a manicured finger in a direction opposite of us. Blue eyes follow my gaze.

We make our way over and I could see literal sparkles in the younger woman's eyes. Immediately she set her sight of an SUV that stood out to her. I lean against one of the SUV's completely in awe of the woman. "God this is beautiful. I've never seen such a sexy SUV" she mutters, moving around the vehicle. I smile in awe of her reaction. After a good few minutes, she glances at me with a stoic expression. 

"What? Is this your pick?" I question, pushing myself off the vehicle. "I love it, yes. But I cannot see you driving it. A car, sure but an SUV... no offense Melani but you're not sexy enough for this bad boy."

I can't help but smile at her comment. "I'll get Lukas over here and we can go for a test drive."

"What's your deal, Melani?" I was stopped in my tracks. I frown in confusion as I turn to face the woman. Her eyes study me before gesturing towards the car, "I was supposed to help you pick out a car yet we're test-driving something of my interest? This isn't for you is it?"

I swallow the lump in my throat, she was a smart woman after all. I expected her to pick up on this but not this soon. "It's for Daisy," I quickly lie. Blue eyes meet mine and the expression written on her face hurts me. She looks down, shooing me away.

Sighing, I continue my task. Entering the building, I spot Lukas with another customer. His green eyes land on me and he sends a smile my way, silently asking me to wait. I nod my head and stand to the side, waiting for the man to finish. Placing my hands behind my back, I glance around the dealership. 

"Is there something I can help you with, Miss?" I hear. Clearing my throat, I turn my attention towards the employee with a small smile. "I was waiting for Lukas to help me with a vehicle, but he seems busy."

She nods her head, "Well I hope I can be of some help. Lead the way." 

- - - - -

"Have dinner with me," I mutter to the blonde as I open the car door. She steps out, eyes on me in curiosity. Letting out a long breath, she glances at the hotel, "Why?"

I can't help but smile as I close the door behind her. "Why not?"

Blue eyes send shivers down my spine as her eyes meet mine. My smile only widens in awe of the woman's beauty. Licking her lips, she shakes her head, "I've spent enough time with you today. Any longer and I'll probably kill you."

Chuckling, I follow the woman into the hotel lobby. "Dying by the hands of Alexis Johnson doesn't sound too bad. You don't have to go out to dinner with me I'll just keep asking until you say yes."

"And what if I never say yes?"

"You will."

Once again I'm greeted by oceanic blue eyes as the woman smirks, clearly entertained by my confidence. The air is knocked from my lungs the longer I stare at the beauty, waiting for an answer. To my dismay, her girlfriend was just entering the lobby. "Lex," Alanna grabs her attention.

Frowning, I take a step back to allow the lovers space. The blonde smiles at her girlfriend, "Hey babe. How was your day?" she questions quickly distracted from me. I watch the two a bit longer before forcing myself away. Exiting the hotel, I get into my car. Chuckling, I shake my head at myself. What did I expect was going to happen.

Before I pull off, my attention is averted to my passenger window. I roll the window down with a wide grin, "Are you here to agree to dinner?"

Rolling her eyes, she shakes her head. "Not a chance in hell, Melani. I'm here to tell you to be careful getting home." Clenching my jaw, I nod my head, putting my car into drive. "And to agree to dinner... tomorrow. 8 pm, don't be late."

Unintentionally I smile at her words, happiness sprouting in my heart at the words the woman spoke. "Right. Have a good rest of your night, Lexi."