Chapter Twenty-One

Logan

I yawn into my fist as we make our way to the door. Callie held a sleeping Daisy on her side as she rolled her suitcase with her other hand. Grabbing my keys from my bag, I unlock the door, happy we were finally home. I enter the house, placing my luggage along with Daisy's beside the couch, deciding to worry about it later. 

Callie closes the door behind her, placing her luggage next to ours well before making her way down the hallway to put Daisy to bed. Making sure the door is locked, I follow behind the woman but instead of going into Daisy's room, I head towards ours. 

I quickly strip from my clothes, wanting to shower and sleep. I somehow managed to stay awake the entire flight. But that was also because I was too busy wondering what was going on in Callie's head. Sighing, I ignore my thoughts and head into the restroom. Once I get the water going, I'm startled by the door opening.

Brown eyes land on me, "We need to talk," she spits sternly. I eye her for a few seconds before smiling, "I know you're mad at me but I'm glad you still remember I exist." The woman doesn't say anything else, her features void of any emotion as she exits the restroom, closing the door behind her. I glance at myself in the mirror before forcing myself into the shower.

The minute I step out of the restroom, I spot Callie sitting on the bed, scrolling on her phone. Deciding against speaking first, I make my way towards the closet. The older woman clears her throat but I don't turn around. "I took time to calm down and really process our last few days in Spain," she begins.

"Do you know why I'm upset with you, Logan?"

I pull the shirt in my hands over my head before reaching for a pair of shorts. "Because I took LSD," I answer, turning towards my wife. She scoffs, "It's not just because you too LSD. It's that you willingly took it in an unfamiliar area with people you don't even know. That you didn't care for the consequences. Daisy had to see you, Logan! Worried about why the fuck her mother is acting crazy!" she yells.

Swallowing the lump in my throat, I pull my shorts up. I knew this was going to be a long argument and there was no getting out of it. I sit on the other side of the bed, facing her. "Do you even know the dangers of taking acid?" 

"But I'm fine, shouldn't you be happy that I am?" I question, slightly annoyed with her. "And that's what the fuck is wrong with you. You took LSD and you were okay after doing so. But you're not seeing the bigger picture, you're too small-minded to see what you did wrong! It was a stupid decision Logan, and anything could've happened and I wouldn't have known. Let that sink in."

Unlike earlier, anger was written all over her face. She is pissed. 

"It's illegal. What would you have done if the police had caught you with it? You could be in jail right now. LSD makes your mind trip, you could've been raped and you wouldn't know until 9 months later. You could be killed right now thinking that your killer was a mushroom because you were stupid enough to take the fucking drug! And you're trying to adopt! Do you think those social workers are going to allow you to be a mother when you clearly make poor life choices? Oh did you also know LSD can trigger schizophrenia in people?"

Clenching my jaw, I let her words sink in. Her words were like knives stabbing at my heart. I understood she was trying to get me to understand her worries but she didn't have to hurt me in the process.

"Daisy is 5 years old, Logan. Which means she can remember this moment once she's older. And from your perspective, taking Acid is okay, right? So why shouldn't she risk her life and do the same thing she remembers her mother doing? Do you know how scared she was? Of you, Logan! Does that not make you realize that maybe just maybe what you did was stupid?!"