Chapter Fifty-two

Logan

I decided to take Callie up on her offer. So instead of leaving the house after Daisy fell asleep, I make my way to the master bedroom, not entirely surprised when I spot my wife in bed reading a book. She glances up at me through her reading glasses and I can't help but smile. 

"It's pretty late, so I've decided to stay here tonight since Mel's place is pretty far," I spit. Awkwardly, I make my way to the bed, sitting on my usual side. I could feel her eyes on me and it didn't help that she hasn't said anything since I came in here.

Letting out a breath, I slip out of my pants and bra, leaving me in my shirt and panties. I climb under the blanket and keep my back to the brunette. I could feel her adjusting in bed before she turned the lamp off and got under the covers. 

I inhale a shaky breath as I feel her warmth near me. God, I haven't felt that in 2 weeks. I just want her to get closer but I'm sure that would be too hopeful. However, to my surprise the woman wraps her arm around my waist, pulling me closer. I sigh, happily. I miss this.

"I think it's about time you come back home," Callie mutters. Quickly, I turn toward her, my brows raised. Though I was more than happy to hear those words from her lips, I couldn't help but feel like she was letting me off too easily. 

"Are you sure? I mean, it's only been 2 weeks and 4 days. I don't think that was enough time for us to be apart."

She exhales and nods her head. "It's not. But you live here. This isn't just my house so it only makes sense that you stay here. But also Daisy has missed you like crazy and I can't continue to do that to her. She doesn't know about what you did so she's oblivious to the reason you're not here."

My eyes watch her through the darkness. "I haven't forgiven you and I don't want to act as if nothing happened but I do miss having you around." I inhale sharply as I scoot closer to the woman, capturing her lips. 

"I won't come home immediately because I think you deserve more space to think things through and come to your own decision concerning our relationship. Having me around isn't going to help you come to the right conclusion."

Callie smiles, "Hmm, what's this? You're acting your age again," she jokes sleepily. I roll my eyes and kiss her again, "No, I'm acting like a responsible wife. Because that's what I want to be for the rest of my life, your wife."

- - - - -

The next morning when I wake up, I'm not surprised to see Callie snuggled into my side. I smile softly and lean down, pressing my lips against her temple before sneaking out of bed. 

I quickly get dressed and exit the room, deciding to make breakfast before I leave. However, the amazing mood I'm in quickly falls as I spot Kelly in the dining room with a cup of coffee. I frown as I eye the woman. Clenching my jaw, I can only hope that she doesn't say anything as I make my way into the kitchen.

"Can we talk?" the woman questions, finally landing her evil brown eyes on me. It's so weird how she and Callie have the same eyes but hers didn't even compare to my wife's. Cal's eyes were pure and loving while her's held anger and impurity. I could tell from her eyes that she's done a lot of bad in her life.

"I don't know, can we?" I spit sarcastically. The woman glared at me forcing a chill down my spine. I swallow the forming lump in my throat as I cross my arms over my chest, standing my ground. "It's no surprise to anyone that I don't like you and I don't think you deserve my daughter," she spits.

I can't help but roll my eyes. "You know you're such bullshit. You haven't been in Callie's life for a long time, I don't think you even have the right to call her your daughter. At this point, it's clear that all you want to do in Callie's life is control it. She is a grown woman, 46-fucking-years old she doesn't need you in her business, and I sure as hell don't want you in it."