Chapter Thirty-Two

Logan

"Mama," the sound of my daughter's voice pulled me away from my thoughts. Inhaling and exhaling, I glance at the young girl. She pouts, climbing onto the couch with me, "Are you okay, mama?" she questions, cupping my face and forcing me to look at her.

I can't help but smile at her actions, my eyes moving to Callie behind her who was also staring at me. Placing my hand on the girl's hand, I nod my head. "I'm fine, sweetie. Mama just has a lot on her mind but I'll be fine."

Daisy frowns, not swayed by my soft words. "Promise?" she questions. "I promise, baby. Are you finished with your homework?" 

She nods her head, turning to eye the woman on the floor next to the coffee table. "Mommy helped me! Mommy is really smart." Clenching my jaw, I try not to let her words hurt me. Logan, it's not like she means anything negative from it. 

I force myself to smile, "Mommy can do anything, can't she?" I could feel my heart tighten in pain as I take a quick glance at Callie, I've been feeling this way for the past few weeks. 

She frowns, standing from her spot and approaching us. "Please, you know I can't cook," she chuckles, leaning into me to peck my lips. "One thing, meanwhile I can't even--" I stop myself from continuing my sentence.

"How about mommy takes you to get ice cream for finishing your homework?" I question, my eyes leaving Callie and landing on Daisy. Her smile widens as she nods her head happily. She makes her way to her room to get her shoes and jacket, leaving me in the living room with my lover.

"You coming with us?" 

Shaking my head, I glance down the hallway. "Uhm, I'm gonna go ahead and get dinner started."

"Actually, I was thinking we could do pizza and watch some movies." I quickly avert my gaze to my wife, surprised by her words. "What?"

She clears her throat, avoiding my gaze. "I was just making the suggestion that you don't have to cook tonight. Plus I've been craving some greasy cheesy pizza since yesterday night." I smile softly and nod my head, "Yeah that sounds nice."

The woman smiles just as Daisy makes her presence known. "Alright, we will be right back, pick a movie for us." Grabbing Daisy's hand, the two leave the home, leaving me to my thoughts. 

She didn't mean anything, Logan. She just wants pizza. It's not like she said your cooking was bad. Biting on my lip, I pull my left leg up to my chest. She may as well have. Let's face it, Logan. You're not really good at anything, they only ate because they didn't want to hurt your feelings. 

- - - - -

Two pairs of eyes land on me as I stand from the couch with my plate in hand. "Where are you going?" Callie questions, pausing the cartoon. I shake my head, yawning. "I'm gonna go ahead and head to bed. I'm feeling full and exhausted," I lie to the two. Brown eyes glance at my plate, "You only ate one slice. Are you sure you don't want more? I got enough to last us until lunch tomorrow."

I place my hand on her arm, resting on the back of the couch. "I'm sure, babe. You and Daisy enjoy yourselves, I'll be fine."

The older woman eyes me a bit longer before nodding her head and turning her attention back to the TV. Once she plays the movie, I make my way into the kitchen setting my plate down on the counter before making my way towards our room. I close the door behind me and quickly strip from my clothes before heading into the restroom.

Glancing at myself in the mirror, my eyes move over my body, focusing on several flaws. I frown at the stretchmarks stretching across my lower abdomen and upper thighs. I dislike my hip dips and my wide waist. I need to shave. I cup my breast, lifting them up before letting them loose, watching them hang. How can anyone love this body? I'm so ugly.