Chapter Fifty-seven

Logan

It's been 4 days since I could finally call this place my home. I exhale softly as I glance around the newly furnished apartment, thanks to my wife who would only buy me the best furniture. Even when I tried to be thoughtful and pick out the cheapest furniture, she'd just go to the expensive shit.

I shake my head slightly, knowing she only meant well. She always does. 

Knocking on my door grabs my attention from my accomplishment, sort of. I make my way to the door, glancing through the peephole, and spotting Callie's excellent facial features. "Mama lives here?" I hear my daughter's voice from the other side of the door causing me to smile. Quickly, I unlock and open the door.

"Mama!" Daisy yells cheerfully as she runs into my arms. I smile and pull her up to hold her on my hip. "Hey, love. How was school?" I question, glancing at Callie quickly, finally noticing the bags of groceries around her feet. I shake my head at her but let her in.

No matter how much I tell her I'm trying to be independent, the more she helps out. But that's what wives are for. "It was fun! Henry told me he liked me!" she says happily. I frown slightly, not wanting my only daughter to have boyfriends any time soon. They have cooties.

"Henry?" I question before frowning, "What about Paisley?" 

She rolls her pretty hazel eyes causing me to raise my brows. "Paisley has a boyfriend. His name is Jake, I hate him so much and I hate her too. So fuck her!"

I nearly drop the child as I hear her curse next to my ear. Callie also drops the bags as she glances at our daughter. "W-what did you say, baby?" I question, setting her down on the couch as I sit on the coffee table, sure I didn't hear correctly. 

"I said fuck, Paisley."

My jaw drops as I glance at Callie, wondering where this girl got her language from. The brunette quickly holds up her hands, "Hey this is the first I'm hearing it. I'm just as surprised," she mutters, making her way around the couch. 

"Where did you hear that from?" Callie questions, displeased with her language. She takes a seat beside me, as we try to get to the bottom of this.

Apparently, when she and Callie were grocery shopping earlier, she heard a woman in the store say that curse word a few times, and clearly words like that stick with kids if a person says it too much. I groan and drop my head, wondering if this would be a problem in the future. We were doing so well with keeping our bad language away from her precious ears.

Callie chuckles lightly as she reaches over to Daisy. "Baby, that's a bad word."

Daisy's eyes widen in surprise before she frowns, burying her face behind her hair. "Am I in trouble?" she questions. I smile softly as I reach over to her as well. "No, pumpkin. You didn't know any better. But now you know it's a bad word that you shouldn't say. Promise mama and mommy you won't say that again."

With sad eyes, as if she were in trouble, she eyes us and nods her head as she apologizes. I smile softly before laughing. I can't believe I heard her curse. "Sorry," I mutter, covering my mouth.

Daisy continues telling me about her day at school as Callie unpacks my groceries into the fridge. Once she's done she makes her way toward the door as if she's going to leave. "You know you're allowed to stay, right?" I question, making my way to her.

Our daughter follows me, clinging to the brunette's leg. "Mommy stays for dinner?" she questions, cutely. Callie eyes me for permission to stay longer. I shrug my shoulders, already having it in my mind that she would stay much later than dinner.