Chapter Thirty-Three

Callie

"Mommy, when can I get a little brother?" the question caused me to spit out my coffee as I glance at my wife. She smiles, moving away from the table to let me answer the question. I clear my throat and eye the smaller brunette across from me. "Uhm... Mama only submitted the paperwork a month or so ago. It's going to take them longer to get everything fixed," I mutter.

Daisy pouts, "But I want one now! You promised!"

I glance away, I also promised it wouldn't be this soon. But I forget for her, she runs on kid time. A long time to them could possibly only be a few weeks. "Sadly, that's not how the system works. They have a lot of parents who want to adopt and that is a lot of paperwork to put into the system. And they have to do background checks to make sure everyone's eligible to be a parent," I explain.

"But you and mama are already parents!"

Logan chuckles, "They're putting the children under our full care. They don't know who we really are or what we're capable of. Some parents are bad parents and we can't give them more children to treat badly. So they have to make sure we're good people so the kids don't get hurt."

Daisy sighs, "But you and mommy are good people... Are they taking longer because it's two mommies? I know most kids have a mommy and a daddy. Even some people at school say it's wrong to have two mommies."

I clench my jaw, slightly annoyed with whoever told her it was wrong to have two mothers. "There's absolutely nothing wrong with having two mothers, Daisy. It's not wrong."

"I know it's not wrong!" Daisy spits, not wanting us to believe that she thought otherwise. "Miss Blacc told me that it doesn't matter if you have two mommies or two daddies or one mommy and one daddy... if they are giving me love and not hurting me, they are good."

I can't help but smile at her words as I silently thank her teacher. Logan kneels beside her daughter, "That's right, baby."

But the next question Daisy asks throws us off. "Why don't I have a daddy?"

Damn, I never thought I'd have to hear those words come from her lips. But she's at the age where she's curious about these things. "Because Mama was in love with mommy. Mama didn't need a daddy to make you," Logan smiles poking the girls' cheeks. Daisy giggles as she smiles widely before attacking her mother in a hug.

Once the two pull away, Logan orders us to eat breakfast, which we gladly do. "Oh, Lex is supposed to be coming in today. From what she told me, Melani is staying in Nashville for a few weeks."

I raise my brows, confused. "The hell is in Nashville?" 

"Alanna apparently," Logan mutters bringing my eyes away from my pancakes. She smiles, "Somehow Alexis persuaded them to all be in a relationship. I'm not sure how the hell though, I would hate if the only way to be with the love of my life is to get into a relationship with the woman she cheated on me with. But love is love and I don't judge."

I smirk, stuffing some pancake past my lips. "They're a beacon of hope. Maybe we should mend our relationship with Narcissa," I joke, knowing it would anger her. I can't help but laugh as I feel something gooey roll down my neck before hearing a splat on the floor. Turning, I spot a pancake on the floor. Wiping my neck, I'm not surprised that it was covered in syrup.

Daisy points and laughs at me. "You keep saying stupid shit like that and you'll be sleeping out on the curb."

I laugh again, "Oh but when I was angry at them, I was being dramatic."

"If I remember correctly, Valeria didn't kiss me. She offered me an illegal drug that I willingly took." I roll my eyes, "You're being dramatic, it's not like she tongue kissed me. It was just a simple peck and a little nibbling of the lip," I joke.