Chapter Fifty-six

Logan

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't excited. My knee bounced impatiently as I sat at the table, waiting for my phone to ring. It had been 5 days since I signed my first-ever lease and 3 days since I paid my deposit. Now all that was left to do was for them to give me my key and apartment. 

"You're vibrating the whole penthouse with all that bouncing. I'm almost certain all the noise complaints we get is because of you," Alexis jokes, coming out of the kitchen with a bowl of cereal. I laugh sarcastically at her little joke.

She takes a seat and glances at me in confusion, "What are you so anxious about?" she questions, genuinely worried. I sigh and stop bouncing my knee. "I signed a lease for my very first apartment a few days ago and I've been anxiously waiting for the apartments to call me so I can receive my key."

Lexi eyes me in surprise. "You actually went through with it. Well, congratulations, that must feel amazing. I remember the first time I got my own flat, so I can imagine your excitement. Have you told Callie about it yet?" I shake my head. "No, but I will when I get—" my words die out on my lips as my phone rings, revealing the number to the apartment complex I've been waiting for. 

I quickly answer and hold the device to my ear.  "Hello?" I answer, my eyes landing on the blonde across from me as she continued eating her breakfast. "Hi, may I speak to Logan O'Brien?"

"This is she," I mutter. 

"Yes, this is Bridgette from Flowers Apartment complex. I'm calling to inform you that your apartment is ready. We don't close until 5, if you have time to come pick up your key." My lips pull up into a shit-eating grin. "I will definitely be there soon, I've got nothing to do today," I mutter.

We talk a little more before ending the call. I place my phone down and glance at Lexi. "My apartment is ready, I can go pick up the key," I mutter, fighting the urge to yell from excitement. The blonde smiles softly at me, "Congratulations, Lo. Seriously, that's a huge step for you. Let me get dressed, I'll drive you there, plus I want to see where you'll be staying for the next few months."

It didn't take her long to get dressed and for us to be on the road.

"I like how I offered to drive you to the apartments and somehow we're doing something else," Lex spits as we wait outside my home. I roll my eyes at the blonde and ring the doorbell again. Finally after some time of waiting the door opens, revealing Callie dressed in a white muscle shirt and boy shorts. 

Her hair was wet and sticking to her skin, letting me know she had just gotten out the shower. I smile at the woman, "I have a surprise."

Her brows knit together in confusion as her eyes move past me and to Lex. "Uh...surprise?" the older woman questions, a little lost. "Yes, a surprise. Go get dressed, we'll wait for you in the truck," I mutter, pushing her back into the home.

Lex shakes her head and walks with me to her Mercedes truck. We get in and she starts the car as we wait for my wife. "You think she'll be okay with the idea of having you live somewhere else?" the blonde questions, pulling her hair into a low ponytail.

I can only shrug my shoulders, "I hope so. I mean she didn't care when I was staying with you and Melani so I doubt she'd be upset that I'm renting an apartment. Plus I only signed a 6 month lease. I'm not sure when she'l forgive me so this seems like a good idea."

Blue eyes land on me for a few seconds before her attention is pulled away by Callie opening the back door. She climbs in, her brown eyes moving between Lex and I. "Where are we going?" she questions, causing me to smile. "A surprise is a surprise babe, means you won't know until we get there," I mutter.