Chapter Forty-One

Alexis

I cross my arms over my chest as I watch Melani and Daisy talk with each other. Letting out a sigh, I roll my eyes. "What is with all this huffing and puffing?" Alanna questions, slurping on her caramel frappe. I sigh once again and glance at my girlfriend. 

"Melani and Daisy, they're clearly way too close," I spit and glance at the two again. I frown as I watch Melani grab her wallet and hand the dark-skinned woman one of her credit cards. "I mean, what do you expect? They used to fuck like a month ago," the woman in front of me spits as she eyes the women as well.

I roll my eyes once again. "Look at that bitch touching all over her," I hiss as I watch Daisy touch all over Melani's arm. The older woman laughs at something she said and reaches over with her other hand, removing something from the corner of her lips. They're definitely flirting. It's like neither of them realizes that Melani is MY GIRLFRIEND

"They kind of make a cute couple," Alanna mutters forcing my eyes towards her. I kick her from under the table, "They. Do. Not! Don't ever fucking say that." Eyeing me she rubs her leg under the table, "You sound jealous, Alexis."

I frown at her words. I'm not jealous. There's nothing to be jealous about. Melani is my girlfriend and not Daisy's. Turning my attention back towards the women across the cafe, I notice the two stand and pull each other in for a hug. Daisy says something before standing on her tip-toes to kiss Melani's cheek. 

The older woman smiles, her hand resting around Daisy's waist before grabbing her hand. A few more words are shared between the two before Melani lets the woman leave. She watches her until she's no longer in sight before making her way over to us. Alanna scoots over, letting the woman into the booth.

Sitting down, Melani throws an arm around Alanna's shoulders causing the woman to smile and lean into her for a kiss. "You two are comfortable enough to do that in public?" I question, sipping on my hot tea. Swallowing the liquid, I glance down at my cup, it most definitely could no longer be called hot.

"We're dating, right? It feels nice, so why not?" Melani chuckles. I try my hardest not to roll my eyes as I glance at the woman. 

"You seem really friendly with Daisy," I spit.

She frowns in confusion, "We're friends, so yeah." I sigh loudly, "You were touching her!" I hiss. Brown eyes watch me for a second before she parts her lips, "So absolutely no physical contact? I've seen you slap Logan's ass like 5 times this week but suddenly giving a friend a hug is bad?"

Alanna chuckles, "She's jealous. She thinks Daisy is going to steal you away."

I glare at the brown-skinned woman, annoyed with her remarks before averting my gaze back to Mel. Her eyes seem distant for a split second before she grabs her coffee, bringing it up to her lips. "Daisy's already said she doesn't want to be in a relationship with me, what more do you want?" she questions before sipping on the beverage.

I bite my lip. "Maybe you should stop hanging out with her. You're already paying for her apartment, and I saw you giving her one of your credit cards." The older woman sighs, setting her cup down. "Yes, I did. She has an interview coming up so I told her to buy herself a nice outfit. I trust her with my money, she's a smart girl."

I can't help but groan, "When I told you about an interview, you told me good luck."

"Well, Daisy is new to the city. She's literally fresh out of college, she's got student loans and almost a single penny to her name. The least I could do was pay for her apartment and get her a few clothes. New York is expensive so I'm helping her out."