Chapter Forty-Six

Callie

I smile as I stare at the brunette sleeping beside me. I don't remember when I woke up or why I did, but I knew I couldn't go back to sleep with such a beautiful woman lying in bed next to me. Propping myself up on my elbow, I admire my lover. We really have been married for almost 6 years. It all seems like yesterday when I reentered her life.

The sound of her alarm interrupts my thought process. I groan in annoyance. The brunette does the same, reaching over to dismiss her alarm without opening her eyes before cuddling into me. I smile, "Don't you have work?" I question though honestly, I didn't want her to leave.

"Elaine told me not to come in today, I just forgot to turn off my alarms since I was tired yesterday." I smile, thankful that women like Elaine exist. It's not every day you get a cool boss who tells you not to come to work. "What about Daisy? She has to go to school?"

The brunette groans as she pulls away from me, allowing her breathtaking bluish-green eyes to land on me in annoyance. "It's like you don't want me to stay in bed with you. What's one day missed? It's Halloween, the teachers have nothing special planned that they haven't been teaching her already."

I smile at the woman and lay back down, wrapping my arm around her. "Sometimes you are absolutely perfect, Logan O'Brien." The woman quirks a brow, "Sometimes?"

Nodding my head, I guide her lips to mine, "Other times you are fucking sexy. I'm not sure I want to go back to bed or make love to you."

Logan laughs, placing her hand delicately between my breasts. "Well, I'm 100% sure we should go back to bed. It's not every day I don't have to go to work. This is my small break before I have to go back tomorrow to babysit sugary evil children."

I can't help but laugh at the woman, understanding her a bit. "Okay, okay. Let's go back to sleep. But we can't sleep in too late, we still haven't decorated the house and I think Daisy is too big for her costume."

The woman groans but nods her head before smiling, "And we have to get the house ready so that Joy and King can stay with us. You have no idea how happy I am. I was so excited I went to a class that taught parents how to take care of kids with ASD or down-syndrome or special needs in general. You should go with me next time, I met a lot of cool parents."

I smile softly at her words, "You really want to adopt them, huh?"

If we weren't real life, there would be literal sparkles in her eyes. "Yeah, I really do. I'm excited to get them even if it isn't a whole weekend."

Pecking her lips, I slowly close my eyes. "Maybe we can build up to that. I'm sure Frieda would love all the time we would give her by taking them for a few nights," I yawn. I could practically hear the brunette smile as she eyed me. "Mmm, that's true. Go to sleep, we can talk more when we wake up."

Nodding my head tiredly, I feel the woman place her lips against my cheek. "I love you," she muttered before burying her head into the crook of my neck. I try to mumble out the words before sleep takes over to no avail as I quickly knock out.

By the time I wake again, Logan is no longer in bed and the sound of her and Daisy grabbing my ear. I smile at their voices, the sound bringing peace to me. I force myself from bed, getting dressed in a tank top and joggers before making my way towards my two lovely girls.

"It's fine, Eliza. We can pick her up and she'll stay with us for the night," Logan's voice grabs my attention. Eventually, the two come into sight and I smile at Daisy who was staring at her mother intently who spoke on the phone. I make my presence known to my daughter and she can't help but smile as she hops out of her chair and makes her way into my arms.