Chapter Fifty-five

Callie

Annoyance was written on my face as I sat across from my mother. My father's only wish before they go back home later tonight, was to have a whole day together, with my mother and Logan. It's almost as if my father was dying for some drama between the two but I know he means well.

He wanted Kelly to get over her weird dislike for Logan and the two to mend their relationship. But for however long my mother wishes to be a bitch, that will probably never happen. "Where's your wife?" the old hag questions, crossing her arms, not wanting to wait a minute longer.

"She's on the way, something came up, just give her a few more minutes," my father defends Logan's tardiness. Kelly groans, "I don't even know why I have to be here."

I can only roll my eyes. The door to the diner opens, ringing the tiny bell on top of the door. In comes a disheveled Logan O'Brien, who looks good no matter what. I smile the minute her bluish-green eyes meet mine. She makes her way over, running her hand through her slightly messy hair.

"I apologize so much for being so late, I hope you guys didn't wait long," she mutters, squeezing into the booth beside Daisy and me. "Yeah just about 45 minutes," Kelly spits loudly. Logan's smile drops a little as she eyes the older woman. I could tell she was trying her hardest not to let the woman's behavior and attitude get to her as she turned to my father.

"Don't worry about it, honestly,"  the old man smiles, placing a hand on Logan's hand. She smiles softly before turning her attention to Daisy, who was busy coloring the little picture our waitress gifted her. Quickly her hazel eyes move to me, a small smile playing on her lips.

I reach over our daughter and touch Logan's shoulder, letting her know we didn't mind waiting. "I guess we can go ahead and order then," Jerry mutters, glancing down at the menu. Logan does the same and though, I knew I was hungry, I couldn't take my eyes away from my wife.

All I could think about was our marriage and where it was heading. Before I can look away, Logan's eyes find their way back to me. We keep each other's gaze for a few seconds before I look away, catching another set of brown eyes on me. I frown slightly as I make eye contact with my mother.

She visibly seems disgusted by us.

Rolling my eyes, yet again, I look down at the menu. It doesn't take me long to spot something I like so I decide to help Daisy. "Sweetie, what do you want? They have french toast, pancakes, waffles..." I trail, waiting for her answer.

She hums silently as her eyes move from the little picture to the menu. Thankfully, there were pictures, so she wouldn't have a hard time figuring out what she wanted to eat. "I want waffles with strawberries!" she mutters cheerfully as she points at a picture of a Belgian waffle. I nod my head with a small smile.

"Because waffles are better than pancakes," Logan mutters softly beside her daughter. I glance at Logan, remembering the first time she disrespected me when she said that. "And if you say pancakes are better, I'll have to remind you that only old people like pancakes. And you're not 36 anymore so..." she laughs, catching me off guard.

I can't help but smile and flick her off. I can't believe it's been 10 years since that happened. Wow, I really am getting old. "Okay, waffles and strawberries. Do you want any eggs? Hashbrowns.." I mutter.

Daisy nods her head, excited about eggs. "I want scrambled eggs and hashbrowns."

I nod my head and take a mental note. "And what do you want to drink?" I question, already knowing she'd probably go for a milkshake. She's too predictable. "I want a strawberry milkshake!"