Chapter Thirteen

Callie

I couldn't tell if it was guilt or excitement that kept me up all night but by the time it was 8 am, I was already out and about. I expect the two sleeping beauties to be awake by the time I get back with breakfast. 

Stepping into Ruda Cafe, I'm greeted with the addictive aroma of coffee and sweets. "Buenos días, Bienvenidos al café Ruda," the barista grabs my attention from the interior design (Good morning, welcome to Ruda cafe.) I offer a gentle smile and make my way to the cashier. My eyes land on the written menu above her head.

"¿Qué puedo traerte?" (What can I get for you?)

Opening my mouth to speak, I'm quickly at a loss of words as I hear an all too familiar voice speak behind me. "Pastel de violetas, tarta de queso, pan de plátano, té Matcha y un capuchino."

Heart slamming hard against my chest I move my head, spotting Narcisa standing exceptionally close to me. Her green eyes meet mine and a smile graces her beautiful features. Just as I thought I'd not run into her today. 

I was so engrossed in the dark-haired woman I hadn't noticed she paid until she was reaching for her card. "You didn't have to," I find myself slightly breathless. She only smiled before stepping back allowing me to breathe. Sighing, I glance at her again. "What did you order?" 

"You'll see soon, trust me you'll love it," she spat before exiting the cafe and leaving me very intrigued. Women shouldn't be that confident, it was no wonder why her name's Narcisa. Sighing, I turn my attention back to the barista who seemed to be in awe, still staring at the spot Narcisa was before leaving.

It only took a few minutes until my order was ready. "Que tenga un lindo día," the shorter brunette spoke as she handed me the bag. "Gracias," I mutter taking the bag from her hand and exiting the cafe.

The walk back to the hotel consisted of me having an insane amount of thoughts about Narcisa. Why was she being so nice to a stranger? Why had she paid for my order? I mean it's one thing to pop up in the hotel since we're both clearly staying there. But did she know I was in Ruda cafe? She didn't even get herself something. 

Groaning in frustration, I arrive at the elevator. "I caught you just in time," Narcisa's irresistible accent reached my ears, a chill going down my spine as I feel her press something cold to my neck. I turn slightly towards the dark-haired, green-eyed woman. In her hand, she held an orange juice and a milkshake.

"What's this?" I question.

Her smile reaches her eyes, "I figured your daughter wasn't a fan of coffee or tea. I didn't know which she'd like so I bought both."

I didn't know what was so attractive about hearing her include my daughter. Most people who are flirting with you when you have a kid or kids, don't include them. But I'm a packaged deal. Chuckling, I step inside the elevator with her, "What's your game plan? Flirt me to death? Use that incredibly sexy accent of yours until I fall in love?" I joke.

Narcisa's eyes flutter as she stares at me, amused. "Can a woman not just buy things for strangers?"

"In America, that would be flirting," I smile feeling my cheeks heat up. Narcisa nods her head, "And what if I am?"

I swallow the forming lump in my throat, aware that we hadn't pressed a floor button and had just been in the elevator together, unmoving. "I-I'm married," I inform her for the 3rd time this trip. She nods her head, pushing herself off the elevator walls and making her way in front of me.

My heart was beating so vigorously that it may have shattered my ribcage. The air in here becoming thin as the Spanish woman stood in front of me, her features impeccable, her eyes twinkling with the elevator lights. I let out a puff of air as she leaned closer, her lips grazing my cheek before I felt them just below my ear.