Chapter Fifty-nine

Callie 

"When you said you bought us tickets, I never expected it'd be for a flight this early," Logan groans, climbing out of the uber. I smile softly, "I wanted for us to be able to have some time to explore once we get there. I know we'll have like 2 weeks to do so but I really want to explore with Daisy," I mutter.

She nods her head in agreement. "I haven't been back there in... 10 years" her voice grabs my attention. I glance over at my wife, knowing exactly where her thoughts were. With our sleeping daughter on my hip, I pull the brunette into my side. 

"It's gonna be okay, alright?" I reassure. Sighing, she nods her head, grabbing our suitcases from the uber driver who was kind enough to help us out. We make our way into the terminal and immediately head to the check-in kiosk. I let Logan take care of it since my hand was already preoccupied with a sleeping Daisy. 

Once we check out luggage in, we make our way to TSA and I feel bad that I have to wake up Daisy. I pinch her side lightly as I kiss her cheek, "Baby you have to wake up now," I mutter softly in her ear. It helped that I was already pinching her side, which caused her to wake up to defend herself from my attack.

She rubs her eyes, tiredly as she yawns and stretches in my arms. I smile softly at her and set her down. "When we get back on the plane, you can go to sleep, okay?" I make a deal with her. 

Daisy's hazel eyes land on me as she sleepily nods her head. Logan grabs her hand as we move ahead in the line. It may have been early but that didn't mean  LaGuardia Airport wouldn't still be bustling with New Yorkers and visitors. I guess that was the most annoying thing about New York Airports and Holidays.

We eventually made it through TSA and made our way to our gate. "Shall we get something to eat, we have about an hour until we start boarding for our flight," I mutter, watching Logan pick Daisy back up. She shrugs her shoulders and glances at our daughter for an answer.

But the young child only wanted to go back to sleep. Chuckling I nod my head. "Okay, well if we get hungry we can just order something on the plane," I spit as I grab Logan's hand and pull her toward our gate.

- - - - -

After a 9-hour flight, we finally arrived in Los Angeles, California. I inhale and exhale, a little more excited about our vacation than I was a few days ago. Once we had our luggage, we make our way to the passenger pick-up, in search of my parents. 

Daisy was finally wide awake and had been for about 2 hours. She was in complete awe of the scenery from the plane. "Are you ready to see Grandpa and grandma?" Logan giggles at the child. I eye my wife and daughter with a small smile until a voice grabs my attention.

"Carmella?" I hear. I turn toward the voice in confusion. I knew for sure it wasn't the voice of my parents but whoever it was, they definitely knew me. 

I raise my brows as I eye an older woman who had some familiar features. "Is that you? Gosh, Jerry wasn't lying when he said you've grown," the woman spoke as she pulled me into a hug. Awkwardly, I hugged her back, not sure which family member this was. I mean... I haven't seen any of them for 30 years, of course, everyone is going to look different.

Once she pulls away, I make a face. "Oh, of course, you don't remember me, this is probably a little awkward for you, isn't it? I can't believe you don't remember your Aunt Vicki's irresistible features," she chuckles softly.

As she's telling me who she is, I can't help but burst into a small fit of laughter as I pull her back into me. "It's so good to see you, Aunt Vicki. I'm sorry I haven't kept in touch."