Chapter Fifty

Callie

"Mommy, is mama coming home today?" Daisy questions. I let out a breath and glance at my daughter through the rearview mirror, not being able to answer her question. I tighten my jaw, wondering if it was fair to keep her from seeing her mother. I didn't trust Logan, not after the shit she pulled but Daisy doesn't know what she did.

Sighing, I glance back at the road. No matter how angry I am with her, I can't forbid her from seeing her daughter. And even though it's been a week and a half since the incident, I couldn't find it in myself to forgive her and let her come back home. Biting my lip, I continue driving home. 

The minute we get home, I feel a sense of anger as I spot my car parked on the curb. I've spent at least two weeks away from Logan but I still didn't want to see her or talk about what she did. In annoyance, I park the van and shut off the engine before getting out of the car and walking to the other side to get my daughter out. 

"Mama!" Daisy cheers the moment she spots the brunette at the front door. Logan stands with a smile on her face as she eyes her child in my arms. "Hi sweetie," she mutters grabbing the girl from my arms. My hold on Daisy tightens, my trust issues kicking in. Bluish-green eyes meet mine.

Clearly ignorant of the whole ordeal, Daisy wraps her arms around the woman's neck forcing me to release her. Clenching my jaw, I glare at my wife before walking around her and unlocking the door. We enter the home and Logan sets Daisy down. "How about you go get out of your uniform," she smiles, shooing her away.

Once the little child was gone, there was an unsettling silence engulfing us. I didn't want to speak first, hell I didn't want to talk to her at all. "I'm sorry for just arriving without calling ahead of time. I won't be here long, I just wanted to see Daisy."

I bite my tongue, stopping myself from saying anything. I was still very upset and I knew if I opened my mouth, I'd probably say something to hurt our relationship that I know I wouldn't mean. I just need time. And I don't mean a few weeks, it'll take me at least a month or two before I can try to trust her again.

But I knew one thing and that was that I didn't want a divorce. Time is what I need. Time away from her, time to think. 

Before either of us can say something, there's knocking at the door. Logan eyes me, wondering who I invited over. My brows knit together, I didn't invite anyone over. The knocking continues, forcing me to see who was at the door. Glancing through the peephole, my entire face falls. Fuck!

I suck in a breath and quickly unlock and open the door. "Jerry, Kelly, you guys are here a lot earlier than I had anticipated," I spit rather loudly, alerting Logan that her worst nightmare was finally here. 

"I came home a lot earlier from my business trip so we decided to head this way and spend a little extra time with you and our granddaughter," my father mutters, peeking over my shoulder. Sighing, I step aside and let them in. I could immediately see Logan's face contort into disaster. Honestly, it wasn't a great time for them to be here, especially since Logan and I are currently fighting.

Logan could only eye them, unable to utter any words. My mother's frown was visible as she stared at my wife. They seriously had no words for each other. It's not so much that my parents were homophobic, they just didn't like the idea that I was married to someone 16 years younger than me and also doesn't have a name for herself.

Had I been married to someone like Jennifer Rossi, they'd be as loving as ever. Hell, they openly told me they'd rather I had stayed with Melani than be with a nobody like Logan.

God, the conversations I have with them are shit.

"Jerry, Kelly, it's...nice to see you two again, alive and healthy," Logan mutters causing my mother to raise her brows. "And I'm surprised Callie hasn't gone bankrupt."