Chapter Twenty-Five

Alexis 

I can't help but smile as I glance at Melani. "Nervous?" I question, placing my bag in the overhead bin. She sighs, glancing at me. "Why wouldn't I be?" she wipes her palms against her jeans, allowing me to take the window seat as she takes the middle seat. 

I place my hand on hers. "It's okay, Mr. and Mrs. Walker are really sweet as long as you don't slander country music, or are a part of the LGBT+ community and don't want kids, and your only current job is paying $8.70 an hour," I raise my brows aware of the disaster we're about to interrupt. God, I hope Alanna is doing fine without me.

Melani clears her throat, "Why would I be nervous about them? I'm worried about Alanna. This dating three-way thing has my nerves wrecked. She won't like me and then you'll be forced to choose and I kind of fear that you'll choose her. I mean when you really think about it we barely dated a year and then I left and we haven't had sex in a while, I've probably gotten rusty."

Brown eyes land on me as I stare at the woman with a small smile. I rub her leg, "Mel, Calm down." She inhales sharply, letting out a long breath. "I never knew you could be nervous or self-conscious."

"I'm human, Alexis. I have the same emotions anyone else would have."

I nod my head, rubbing her leg to calm her down. "Also, I'm sure you're good in bed. The way Daisy hangs around you really pisses me off. But you don't meet a good sex partner every day." 

The comment gets her to laugh, "She doesn't want me to get in a relationship." I frown and glance at the dark-haired woman, "I'm not getting into a relationship with her, Mel. You can forget about it."

"What would be the harm in that? She can be our unicorn." I fake puking so she can understand my disgust with her idea. "What is it with you and Logan? Callie seems to like her. I like her. She's great company."

"She's a gold digger, Melani. That woman's only around because she knows you're some hotshot in the business community. If you were making as little as me, she would've stopped fucking with you. Sex with you is great, but for gold diggers, it's not worth it."

"I've already tried that. I offered to help her get an apartment of her own, let her work for me. I've tried everything that involves money, she didn't bite. She wants to be an independent woman. So what's the real reason?"

I roll my eyes. "You know for a woman who runs a multi-million dollar company, you can be really dense sometimes. It's sad. You just suck at romance. Maybe it was a mistake to propose a poly relationship with you." 

Melani frowns, hurt from my words. "How many people have you even dated, Melani?" Dark brown eyes land on me and I watch her for a few seconds before raising my brows. "Was Callie your only relationship? Have you seriously never been in another relationship?"

The woman shakes her head, "I never got to that stage with anyone. I was usually the party type, sleep around never stay around for more. Callie was different, hence why I left when she got married."

Suddenly, I wasn't so mad at her for leaving in the first place. It kind of made sense. I mean if I had only been in one relationship and actually fell in love with that person and they got married to someone else, I'd try to reinvent myself as well. I sigh and grab her hand, "I'm sorry you're shit at relationships. But you're perfect for this one."

Once we landed and got our luggage, I received a message from Alanna. 

"C'mon, Alanna said she'd meet me outside," I inform the older woman. She pulls her luggage along, eyes moving around the airport. "I still think this is a terrible idea." I ignore her words, forcing her out of the building. The hot air immediately touches my skin, causing me to sigh. I seriously love heat more than coolness.