Chapter Eighteen

Logan

"We have 2 more days until we go back home," Callie frowns as she wipes her lips with her napkin. Daisy cheers beside her, happy to go back to New York. Which was understandable since she didn't really have any of her friends here. I bet she was dying to see Paisley. I glance at Callie, "Are you going to miss your girlfriend?" I tease.

She furrows her brows in confusion, "What?"

I roll my eyes at the woman, "Narcissa, your little girlfriend." The woman rolls her eyes as she continues to eat, not denying what I said. I bite my lip as I eye the older woman a little longer. I wanted her to deny the claim but she never does. 

Clenching my jaw, I turn my gaze elsewhere. After a few more long minutes of silence between my wife and I, I set my fork down. Bluish-green eyes and brown eyes land on me in confusion. "I'm gonna go for a walk, I'll see you two at the hotel."

Callie opens her mouth to reject my idea but I stop her. "Can I go with mama?" Daisy questions, eyes watching me hopeful of accepting her offer. I sigh and kiss the girl on her forehead, "Not right now sweetie. Mama needs some time to think."

When I pull away from my daughter, I notice that cute pout on her lip that usually only Callie would fall for. I chuckle lightly and glance at my wife, who of course was already watching me. "I'll be back, don't worry."

Waving to my small family, I make my way out of the restaurant. I make sure I have my wallet and phone with me before making my way down the street. Luckily for me, the sun hadn't set yet so I had at most an hour and a half to roam around and clear my head.

I sigh and randomly walk the streets of Madrid. Should I even be upset about Callie's little infatuation? It's true that when you get married you're expected to only be attracted to one person for the rest of your life. That's expected but it doesn't make it true. Everyone knows the love of your life doesn't have to be your soulmate.

Just as I turn the corner, I bump into a body. I feel hands on my arms, "It's good to see you again," I hear. Picking my gaze up from the ground, my eyes land on Valeria and her wife Narcisa. Why are they everywhere I turn?

"Where's your wife and daughter?" she questions.

I frown at the mention of my wife. "Not with me at the moment. It was nice seeing you but I should get going."

Forest green eyes finally land on me, "Join us. We were just going for drinks."

I eye the woman a bit longer before agreeing. I didn't want to spend another minute with Narcisa but drinks sounded good right about now. We catch a cab to Bad Company 1920, a bar located a few blocks away from our hotel.

Valeria places her hands on my shoulders, guiding me into the bar which wasn't really filled. I guess because it was only nearly 6 pm a lot of people were probably still at work. "This bar isn't all that fun. If you're up for it we'll be heading to a gay bar later, they don't usually open until 9."

"I shouldn't stay out too late."

"Oh c'mon, just one night. Your family won't miss you much."

I eye the dark-haired woman before glancing at her wife, who was already staring at us. "Fine, but I'm not staying out after midnight." Valeria smiles as if ignoring my request as she calls the bartender over. I feel small, seated between Narcisa and her wife, Valeria. Something about the two women makes me feel uneasy.

Once I order vodka and cranberry, to stay sober, I turn my attention towards the foreign women. I find forest green eyes on me, studying me. Chuckling, I tuck a strand of hair behind my ear.