Chapter Forty-Five

Logan 

"Mrs. Parker didn't pay her subscription this month," I mutter to Elaine. "Oh yes, I am aware. She's got some financial problems at the moment and promised to pay double next month," the older woman spoke handing Olivia a huge stack of papers. 

I nod my head, making sure to put a note next to her name so no one else messes up her file. My attention is pulled away from the computer as someone enters the daycare. My lips curl into a wide smile as I notice my beautiful wife and daughter. 

"Hi," I greet, making my way around the desk to pull them both into a hug. I kiss Daisy's cheek before pressing my lips against Callie's. "Mm, I missed you," she mutters as I pull away. I nod my head in agreement. "You'll have to get me a few minutes, it's not my lunch break yet."

"That's fine, take your time, love."

Elaine finally picks her head up from her work. "Oh, Hi!" she mutters cheerfully. Daisy immediately recognizes her from her previous times being here. "There's the nice lady, mommy," she tells Callie. The older woman raises her brow, "Oh yeah? Why don't we go over and talk to her?"

I nod my head, allowing them to go elsewhere as I continue my job. "Your wife looks nice," Olivia spits, ignoring the paperwork she's supposed to be doing to eye my woman. My brows raise, "Really? She looks the same as usual to me," I joke. The brown-skinned woman rolls her eyes, "You're just being cocky because you're one of the luckiest women in the world."

"Should I be worried, Liv?" I joke.

She chuckles, "Hell no. As hot as you two are, I'm no home-wrecker. Plus I don't think we would be friends after I steal your lady. I kinda like you... as a friend and wouldn't want you staring daggers at me while we work together."

I can't help but smile at the younger woman as I pat her shoulder, "You'll find your soulmate soon." She smiles, shoving me away slightly, "Go have lunch with your family, I'll take care of things here."

My smile widens as I hug her. "Thank you, I owe you one." Olivia chuckles, rolling her eyes. "Dinner then, on you of course."

Now it's my turn to roll my eyes, "Sure, when? I think I'll be free Saturday night."

Her brows raise, "Wait really? I was kind of just joking, but now that you've said that you're definitely taking me." I nod my head in agreement before making my way over to my wife and child. "We can go, Liv is taking care of things here," I mutter, pointing back to the woman.

Callie glances behind me before frowning, "Don't I know her from somewhere?"

I sigh and force her out of the building as I tell Elaine and Olivia that I'd see them in an hour. The time spent getting to the restaurant is pretty short but filled with Daisy talking our ears off, not that I mind. She's so adorable.

I pout as Daisy and Callie sit next to each other, leaving me by myself. This reminds me of a certain conversation I had with my wife weeks ago. "How was your week awake?" I question. The older woman shrugs her shoulders, her brown eyes meeting mine as she smiles. "I was too lonely to focus. I just wanted to get back to my babies," she spits, pulling Daisy closer to her and kissing her cheek.

The young girl giggles as she tries to color the picture our waitress gave her.

"Oh, I saw Elli at the school. Ethan was sick so I decided to just get Daisy for the rest of the school day so she won't be lonely," the woman across from me informs. I raise my brows, "You took her out of school so she wouldn't be lonely?" I question.

Smiling, Callie nods her head. I shake mine and let out a breath, kind of disappointed in her actions, but I decide to let it go. "You know... Elliott is an attractive man," she continues, bringing my eyes away from the menu and to her. That was surprising to hear from her pretty lips. "Excuse me," I mutter, not sure if I was going crazy or if she actually said that.