Chapter Seven

Callie

My eyes move between Logan and Melani. Their conversation was heavy and the tension was only getting thicker. I glance at Melani, already feeling as if I knew what her next few words were going to be. 

"I think Alexis should know I'm here."

"Not happening Melani. You can't just fucking disappear and demand shit go your damn way. I'm not telling Lexi shit."

"And what happens when she gets here and she sees me? She's going to hold that over your head."

Logan rolls her eyes. "Babe she's kind of right. At least let Lex know what she's coming back to. She does deserve to know that her ex-girlfriend is here if anything" I side with Melani. Logan eyes me, hard.

The brunette bites on her bottom lip, letting out a breath. I knew if she wouldn't listen to Melani, she would definitely listen to me. "And what if she decides not to come back because Melani is here? I've been dying to see her."

"The right thing to do is let Lexi know."

"Let Lexi know what?" we all hear. I turn my head to make sure the voice I just heard actually belonged to Alexis Johnson and that I was not going crazy. My eyes widen when I spot the blonde, looking almost the same as the day we last saw her. She smiles, eyes moving between Logan and I.

The blonde waves shyly. "Hey, guys."

Logan pushes me aside as she rushes into the woman's arms, nearly knocking her over. "Oh my god. Why didn't you tell me you were coming today?" my wife questions. Lexi chuckles, "I figured I would surprise you guys. Uh, your daughter let me in by the way."

Once Logan pulls away, Lexi's eyes land on me. "Hey, Cal. You haven't aged a day."

I smile at the younger woman and quickly notice her eyes land on the figure behind me. I turn my head, noticing Melani was facing her, eyes holding so many emotions. My eyes move back to the blonde who could only stare at the woman before turning her attention away.

"Lex?" another voice reaches my ears. An unfamiliar voice.

Alexis sets her bag down and exits the kitchen, inviting someone inside. Once the woman comes around the corner, I gawk at her attractive features. "Guys, I want you to meet my girlfriend, Alanna" she spits, her eyes moving hesitantly to Melani.

"Alanna this is Logan, one of my best friends. Her wife Callie and..."

Melani moves closer, holding her hand out. "Melani. It's a pleasure to meet you, Alanna."

Alanna's face contorts into that of realization and I can only assume that Lexi has spoken about my friend a few times. Maybe not in good spirit seeing as Melani left her. However, Alanna keeps a smile on her face, "Likewise."

The tension that was here earlier was heavier, which was expected. Especially with Melani and Lexi in the same room together. Melani clears her throat, "I should probably get going. Daisy should be calling me any minute now" she says, grabbing her things.

"As in their daughter Daisy?" Lexi chuckles, confused.

Logan decides to answer for the older woman instead. "Her girlfriend has the same name."

Melani and I glance at Logan, displeased. She shrugs her shoulders, "Friend. Not girlfriend" she spits. Lexi nods her head, "I'll walk you out. I have to get something from the car anyway. Babe, you can get comfortable, we'll go to the hotel later."

Alanna nods her head, watching Melani and Lexi exit the house. Once the two are out of sight, Logan pulls Alanna into the living room to chat. I decide to make my way outside to make sure things between my friends don't escalate too much.